Are you using My TVSeries? (2 Viewers)

Are you using MyTV-Series?

• All the time (almost daily)

Votes: 94 88.7%
  • I use it, but not really that important to me

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I tried it, but it's not for me (please state why)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have never used it

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
How does the plugin know what episode a specific file is?
I'm using TVE3 with XMLTV,and i can't seem to get the episode number on the files, how is this done? I would really like to use this plugin, hope that i'm in the right place for this Q

Anthrax

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
pretty much in the center
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, not exactly the right place as far as I can tell ;-)

Please try this (hope this applies to TVE3 as well):

configuration.exe -> Television -> Recording -> Custom Paths and Filenames (tab)

then select series in the pulldown menu and fill in the required tags from the list underneath.

MyTVSeries should easily handle something like this:
%title%.-.S%series%E%episode%.-.%name%

(this of course requires, that XMLTV supplies the series and episode number information)

when this works just add your recordings folder in the TVSeries plugin and it should recognise the series and episodes just fine.

Bye,
Anthrax

PS: please let me know, if this doesn't apply to TVE3 - thanx.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It's great

I just love it!
The only thing is the difficult icon rules... I just can not seem to get them to work.
Other than that, I just love it!

I even assigned private movie clips of my work/hobby Showshakers (flairbartending) as a TV series so I can select them as if they were a series!
See Showshakers at the database site to see what I mean, it is great and all my friends love it!

Arg0t

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Imo it should be part of the core, would love to see series recorded in the tv service being added automatically.

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Imo it should be part of the core, would love to see series recorded in the tv service being added automatically.
    ²nd

It's my favourite plugin, I use it all the time.
    In my opinion, the only downside is the configration tool. I want to be able to manually add episodes when not detected.

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The WAF and PAF (Parents Acceptance Factor *gg*) would be much higher if there are descriptions of the episodes in foreign languages.
    It installed My TVSeries on the MediaPortal of my parents, but they don't speak english, so it's much useless for them. Although they would love to have such a feature.

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What's the "WAF factor"?

kiesow
    if you want the descriptions in other languages you'll need a database in that language
    personally i haven't found a dutch one yet, i don't know for german ones

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's the main reason I use MediaPortal. I find the Live TV support for ATSC signals (US over the air HD) a bit lacking and pretty buggy. Movie support stinks. But the MyTVSeries plugin is amazing.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I use it all the time. In fact, its probably the only thing in Mediaportal that i use every day. Its fantastic for the wife as she just browses through my 8000 odd tv eps on my server, and chooses what she wants to watch. It is the first thing i show people when they see my HTPC as it has that WOW factor. Without a doubt this is the number one reason i use Mediaportal today....

Users who are viewing this thread