Are you using My TVSeries? (2 Viewers)

Are you using MyTV-Series?

• All the time (almost daily)

Votes: 94 88.7%
  • I use it, but not really that important to me

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I tried it, but it's not for me (please state why)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have never used it

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi,

I thought it would be nice to get a bit of an overview as to how many and why ppl are using the plugin, or not.

Inker

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Been using it most days for about 6 months now and its now even better than when I started using it. Its made life much easier dealing with TV Episodes

:D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    "I tried it, but it's not for me (please state why)"
    - My series was nob labled correctly
    - No need for it - it looks excellent, but that does not matter so much
    = to much work for a small increase in WAF.

Will try it again, when I have...
    a) more free time with the HTPC
    b) have (DL-ed) more series

EDIT: Been a while since I tried it

strontium

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    UK
    This is the most used plugin in our household, I have a lot of tv series on DVD which I have ripped just because this plugin existed.
    The WAF is great now she has all her 'sex and the city' available at a click.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have been using My TV Series almost every day lately and it has worked very well this far. Thanx for a great plugin!

My new "project" is that we are recording a bunch of children tv-shows that I need to both edit (to cut out the actual episode) and find a way for the kids to easly see their shows. If this is best done in TV Series or in My Video is an open question. I personally like the intuitive sorting you get in the Series module. Mostly likly tho the actual kid-show is not present in any databases.

lillis_55

Portal Member
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using My TV series almost every night since i discovered this nice plugin.

I use it because i have alot of different series, and i like that i can have them seperated from my movies. And i like that i can get a short info on almost every episode, no mather with serie it is.
    And it looks damn good with the serie banners and covers :)

Thanks for a great plugin!

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Love this plugin, but the rules for the file names are hard to understand. Maybe a explanation could be added to the setup... or a easier rules manager...

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Love this plug-in. Only con for me personally, is the complexity of the configuration.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been using it every night! Been ripping most if not all of My TV series DVDs including The X files and it works like a charm :D

freezer90

October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    [x] I tried it, but it's not for me (please state why)

1. no time to configure it (does not recognize some series and i'm not in the mood to play with regexp ;))
    2. skin incompatibility

but really good work! maybe in summer i'll find some time

Users who are viewing this thread