hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, let me know and i adjust.

do you think in the long run it'll be better to set it to 50 or 100, whatever you find out, or let the people experiment with it?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Yeah sadly it looks that way, I've got all sorts of distortion going on now. Sorry for the runaround.

If anyone else running ASIO is reading this, your input would be important right now, how is your setup sounding at this level?

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

A volume setting of 50 is not working for me.
    Playback is no longer bitperfect so i can not play hdcd and dts tracks anymore, (it worked correctly with a fixed volume of 100).
    So if kenwonders has to use a volume not equal to 100 than it seems the best to re-introduce the volume setting for ASIO.

Regards,
    Jan

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, back to the beginning. :)
    SVN 14581 allows Volume control again.

everyone should find the best setting for himself.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    ok, back to the beginning. :)
    SVN 14581 allows Volume control again.

everyone should find the best setting for himself.

:sorry: for the trouble everyone. I'm a little :confused: as to why this value is different for us, but if that's how it is, then that's how it is.

parody

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi All

Sorry haven replied for a while, been on holiday (yes thanks, had a great time!). I have just rebuilt my entire system afresh, and installed 2.3.0. Sad to say I was having the same problem with distortion. However, I have found that setting the output to 50 and upping the ASIO buffer size to 1024 has fixed it. Ill try tonight and see which of these it was that fixed it (I know, one change at a time).

Something else, and I dont know if this is related, last night I was listening to some music and noticed that the tracks had started to play slower - the pitch of Jack Johnsons voice had shifted. My wife noticed too (not a good thing). It was on slight, and after half an hour or so of playing. stopping and starting media portal fixed it, im gonna have to see if it does it again. Could this be to do with the 1024 buffer size? I was always under the impression that buffer is ASIO made no difference for playback, only recording. Does anyone out there know what all those ASIO settings really do (the help isnt very... erm... helpful).

UPDATE: It is definitly the output level control in MP music setup that is causing the problem. I will be reverting back to the old 2.2.0 with the SVN prior to the ASIO cross fading change. Its a shame as unless this is sorted I will never be able to upgrade! It would be fine if it was bit pefect and didnt ruin DTS/DD output.

Please fix it hwahrmann!!

Users who are viewing this thread