Audio Lag during TV Streaming (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Any suggestion - I see a massive Audiolag when watching TV - it's about 2 to 3 seconds delay. If you look art my config I would guess it's strong enough - but still ...

This only happens with TV

Vasilich

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    i assume you use UNC?
    what codecs have you set for TV? Does it happen on HD or SD TV?
    Does it happen when watching recorded TV?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm using MPExended Web (sorry - should have mentioned that) with the Build-In Flash Codec. MPClient uses PowerDVD codec (but that doesn't effect the TS stream at all - does it?)

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's really weird, I can't reproduce it. It's probably some detail in your setup and/or source signal which makes VLC go crazy.

You should be able to work around it by adding an VLC parameter to delay the video in StreamingProfiles.xml.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It does support viewing of some streamed content, Netflix and Amazon Prime I believe and a host of free content dependant on your location, e.g. BBC in the UK and German Channels in Germany via the Online...
    Sorry to disappoint you but Media Portal only offers recording and scheduled recording for TV broadcast over SAT, Cable or OTA. It...
    Please help, I will donate. So much info out there and get into the weeds. CURRENT CONFIG: I have an Older UnSmart TV (RCA-Great...
    Replies
    Views
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 TV Guide Seach button not working DE
    Well done, I was thinking this but didn't have a chance to double check the code
    Well done, I was thinking this but didn't have a chance to double check the code
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a recording, pressing either button again turns the red dot off and cancels the recording. I did not try with the number buttons, I am running MP 1.29.
    For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a...
    I recollect someone else reporting this problem, but I cannot now find the relevant post. In this thread I want describe the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom