[Bug] "Back" / "Up" icon on wrong position (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have no idea why things behave this way on your system. I can't reproduce it on mine.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think so but you could post your MusicViews.xml so that we can test your settings on other systems. Maybe something is mixed up there.

Razor78

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2009
    im Norden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same problem here....

after update from 1.5 to 1.6pre there is the same bug. Still after update to the 1.6final. :)
    please check my MusicViews.xml

I use the StreamedMP Skin.

PS: Please sorry, my English is not the best :(

Attachments

• MusicViews.xml
      29.2 KB

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So this seems to be a one-way road...

I just recovered my 1.4.0, deleted it and installed 1.6.0 FINAL again. Issue solved! Razor78 i think you should do the same.

Best of luck

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here. Happens with all folders, no difference between Video or Music etc.
    After extensive testing on my PC I upgraded my living room MP to 1.6 and now I have this "effect", which I didn't have on my dev-PC.

Everytime I leave/enter the same folder, the position is moving constantly. Sometimes it is - as it should - on the left side, sometimes it's on the right side and sometimes in the middle. :)

And it is independent from the skin, happens with Maya HD and Titan.

ScreenShot.jpg

Does anybody have a clue what's the reason for this behaviour?

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I couldn't reproduce it on my dev-PC I have setup remote debugging on my HTPC where the "magic" happens. In the remote session I could reproduce the error.

In the \WindowPlugins\GUIVideoFiles\GUIVideoFiles.cs in line 3144 there is the following call:

facadeLayout.Sort(newVideoSort(CurrentSortMethod, CurrentSortAsc));

which uses a comparer defined in VideoSort.cs

Until this call the ".." entry is the first in the "itemlist" and a would assume that it should remain the first after sorting, but it doesn't.

Looks like the "comparer" has decided to work as a randomizer... :)

The funny thing is that for remote debugging I just shared my dev-PC drive over Network into the HTPC, so exactly the same code that works on my dev-PC does not work on the HTPC.

First I thought it would be the settings, therefore I copied my "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal" directory to the HTPC, but the error remained. :confused:

Does anyone have a hint if there is any other Setting - not in C:\ProgramData\ that might modify the behavior of the VideoSort comparer?

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was a bug in the comparer in VideoSort.cs.

In Line 95 this comparison is wrong:

Code:
    if (item2.IsFolder && item2.Label == "..")
    {
      return -1;
    }

It must return "1" instead.

Before everyone starts to reinstall MediaPortal 1000 times ;), I created a patch.

Please copy the attached file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows" and the error should be gone... :)

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.zip
      445.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread