Batch create fanart? (1 Viewer)

Traffik

Portal Pro
January 13, 2010
Hi there
Is there a way to create that custom fanart from screenshots as a batch process or do I really have to go through each one of my custom movie clips and do them manually?

Nat.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nope - one by one. :( It was originally intended as a backup for films where there is no fanart available. But as I was updating the wiki today I was thinking the same thing! Guzzi has already added a new feature for 6.1 that auto generates movie thumbs for each movie when you open the Details window, however IIRC resolution is 624x336 (probably due to MP thumbnailer?) I don't know if Guzzi can expand that feature to use it for fanart (i.e. select resolution) or not, or if there is a better way. You can enter a feature request in the Issue Tracker - I will 'star' it (the more stars the higher the priority! ;)

If you have gotten that far, you must be doing pretty will Nat - got over the worst of the learning curve? :p

Last edited:

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    Yes thanks mate, Ive got my head round it now. Its one of those things.... once you know how!
    Its not too difficult really and boy is it way more powerful to have a standalone database as opposed to a plugin with a "self contained" database. No disrespect to MovingPictures, in fact I still prefer the way that MovingPictures jumps to the correct movie entry when I insert my disc, very cool!
    So yeah, I have my 2 PCs sharing the same DB, online and offline movies all working. Ive sorted all my covers now, and most of my fanart, its just these remaining more obscure documentaries and clips that I need fanart and covers for, so the auto generating covers feature will be great!
    Oh yeah and I have the database on my Android phone now which is nice for arranging a movie night with friends!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I still prefer the way that MovingPictures jumps to the correct movie entry when I insert my disc, very cool!
    Add a feature request for that too! :p I think I mentioned before that originally MyFilms only played your movies from Details window so it was a non-issue. I requested playback from the Main window and Guzzi added that in v 6.0 but I never thought about adding an option to match the disc inserted!

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    Im on the feature requests now :)
    I cant see the one you started though so will start that as well :))

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I cant see the one you started though so will start that as well )
    Issue 19: Enable Play button - added in 2011 ;)
    BTW:
    boy is it way more powerful to have a standalone database as opposed to a plugin with a "self contained" database. No disrespect to MovingPictures
    I don't think that is disrespectful at all, MovingPictures is designed for ease of use and uses SQLite like all MP databases - which are intended to make data available within MP. The whole point of MyFilms is quite opposite - it starts with the standalone database, which allows you the power and control, then integrates that into MP. Both are great, depending on your needs. But I can never get anyone to understand that! :p So it made me really happy that you grasped that right away. :D

Last edited:

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    Haha cool :)
    Yeah it gives me total control which is what Ive always wanted.
    Loving the way you can switch different configs too which is great for multiple databases, really cool!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah it gives me total control which is what Ive always wanted. Loving the way you can switch different configs too which is great for multiple databases, really cool!
    Yeah if you have a lot of home movies it is really fun to create a database of them - adding descriptions, technical details, 'actors' (LOL), director etc. Then create fanart and covers from the movie (there is an option to 'Create movie thumb' from the movie in AMC Updater > Database Fields > Cover Handling. It takes some time at first to create a new database, though you can use AMC Updater > Update movies to globally add a lot of data (including where you physically stored them if they are not on your HDD). But once you have it worked out a lot of the work is done when you import to your Home Movies database. Then when your friends come over you look like a professional filmmaker :p And it's great to be able to find all the movies that person 'starred' in with a couple clicks of your remote ;). Of course your family might complain about you subjecting them to hours of home movies! :ROFLMAO:

Traffik

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2010
    Yes, the create movie thumb feature is excellent, lets hope we can get that exact same process for fanart too :))

Users who are viewing this thread