BD Bluray Disc Structure (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a bluray disc rip... how can I add it so that MYTvSeries will play it in MP?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
convert the files to .mkv files and then treat them as any other video file with TVseries and youll be fine. There are loads of tutorials on how to convert bluray to .mkv on the web.

Try here for starters though, its pretty comprehensive but itll tell you everything you need to know.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
convert the files to .mkv files and then treat them as any other video file with TVseries and youll be fine. There are loads of tutorials on how to convert bluray to .mkv on the web.

Try here for starters though, its pretty comprehensive but itll tell you everything you need to know.

So, I can't watch it in its BD disc structure? The point is I don't want to take 24 hours to convert it. haha. Even more, I'd like to keep it's quality where it's at, that's why I bought the disc!

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
No i dont think you can with the current release of TVseries, i know that MP in general is incompatable with Bluray at the moment because of rights issues, though there is a workaround with PowerDVD (just do a search in the forums).

So your options are to either convert to mkv (not ideal as you say cos it takes so long :() or wait a while to see if a more supported method becomes available in MP.

For now, just get off your a** and put the disc in the bluray drive! :p

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It doesn't take long to repack Blu-rays to .mkv. If you convert it, yes it does take long, but you already stated that you don't want to lose quality so converting is not an option.
You can just demux the disc and then repack it to .mkv. You will lose the Menu-structure, but from where I see it, you don't need that anyway since you are basically using MyTVseries for that anyway.
[edit]Forgot to say: It takes around 1-1½ hour for me to rip and demux a Blu-ray movie. This is without any queality loss.

I have just started doing this to my movies and got some help in this topic. It's somewhere around the last pages, since my original answer is similar to yours - how to play Blu-rays natively.
There are a couple of issues with audio, where you need the correct codecs. Mostly the problem is if you have discs with the DTS HD Master Audio track, where you need a special codec in order to extract this in its lossless form.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Hey another question on this issue.

I'm using the latest SVN of MP, and the latest SAF pack (based on MPC-HD).

Now - can't everyone watch DVD structures within MP? I don't see what's the difference as far as BD discs would be concerned....? It's driving me crazy.

Toga

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Bluray uses java for it menus, the subtitles are in a different format and the disk structure is completly different, I'm sure theare a more reasons it cannot be played.

Take a look at MakeMKV it rips the video and audio but does not re-encode keeping the original quality, but you will rapidly take up Hard drive space doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread