[Beta - Update 2013/08/09] MP3D - Render 3D videos via MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

pacoma

Portal Pro
March 22, 2005
Wil
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
AW: [PoC - Update 2010/09/12] MP3D - Render 3D via MediaPortal!

I using the newest of hier first pagepost.

Yes all red colored (Shirts, or Flowers...) i see in light-grey, and the often the Faces of peoples are with al little bit of green. I use allwas Side-by-Side mkv Containers for the Movies

as example if i lock Resident Evil Afterlife 3D, the Blood is not red is light grey

pacoma

Portal Pro
March 22, 2005
Wil
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland

Output is optical Analgaph red/cyan

pacoma

Portal Pro
March 22, 2005
Wil
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland

thanks i have testet with color anaglyphe, its very much better then optical... but i have the feeeling the 3D-Output is not so good like optical...

i must test it longer....

Thank you

lm

Portal Member
April 5, 2006
Re: [PoC - Update 2010/09/12] MP3D - Render 3D via MediaPortal!

This is just awesome. This is just awesome. Just what I was hoping for. Been using mediaportal since 2006, and would love to be able to watch the new 3D stuff without having to do crazy stuff with stereoscopic player blah blah blah... Anyway...

Sort of works... I had it doing SBS input with over/under output, so I know it's working. I have the Nvidia hardware, and was trying to get that to work (it currently is working with stereoscopic player)... was editing the xml file, but I think there's more to it than what you had put in that post way back there... so I tried to figure it out, but I made a mess of the xml file, then I tried to just reinstall the plugin, but it won't recreate the xml file no matter what I try. Would it be too much to ask please could you have a look at the xml file and maybe post a modified version with the nvidia output selectable? I can't wait to see this running. Thanks a million dude... I will help out if I can.

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

Nice to see that people find it useful.

The NVIDIA output is blocked out by design since if the user does not have nvidia hardware, it will crash ... some times :p
Currently there is no "safe" way to enable this, only by editing the XML ... which I will not support.

Since you've messed up your xml, UNINSTALL the plug-in and INSTALL it. Before installation, make sure the "bad" xml was removed.

Anyway, do yourself a favor: ALWAYS backup before changing anything.

lm

Portal Member
April 5, 2006

UNINSTALL the plug-in and INSTALL it. Before installation, make sure the "bad" xml was removed.

Yeah that's exactly what I did. twice. Uninstall, delete the xml file, reinstall. No xml file. Weird hey? Beats me. I imagine there must be something left behind somewhere that tells installation process to NOT create the xml file. Anyway,... so easiest thing I could think of doing is asking for a copy of xml file... and if it had nvidia enabled for me (cause I spent at least an hour trying to do that) that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

ScRePt

Portal Pro
August 2, 2010
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

UNINSTALL the plug-in and INSTALL it. Before installation, make sure the "bad" xml was removed.

Yeah that's exactly what I did. twice. Uninstall, delete the xml file, reinstall. No xml file. Weird hey? Beats me. I imagine there must be something left behind somewhere that tells installation process to NOT create the xml file. Anyway,... so easiest thing I could think of doing is asking for a copy of xml file... and if it had nvidia enabled for me (cause I spent at least an hour trying to do that) that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I'm not sure why it does not re-create it. It does recreate it to me (The xml is in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MP3D.xml)

Anyway, since it's practically impossible for u to create the menus and all in the xml, please find attached the modified xml and the related translations file. There is a new context sub-menu named "Special ... " in "output formats". The only option there is "NVIDIA". Also you can cycle to that output format from the quick menu.

Please note: I am providing this for your convenience. I am not supporting it because It crashes my pc since I do not have the NVIDIA hardware. Also, if you have the "remember output format" option on, it will crash every time you open the same video ...

Attachments

• MP3D.xml
    135.7 KB
  • en.xml
    9.9 KB

lm

Portal Member
April 5, 2006

Gaarrrrrgh!

Sorry, but not happy news to report.

I open mediaportal, go to videos, find the video (3D SBS LF) and start it playing. Then I press 3, it says "activate 3D mode?", I say yes, then requester goes away. I click 3 a second time, now info box shows up at top of screen (says use left right arrows, or press 0 key). If I press arrows at any time during entire process, it skips me forward or back in time of the video. If I press zero or 3, it enters time of video to skip to, so can't use any of those (do I have to change mediaportal control options for this to work? Perhaps it'd be easier to move them to other Function keys?). So anyway I press F9 and menu comes up. Now, no matter what input or output option I choose, nothing changes. If I select anaglyph output, red/green, picture stays 2D output. If I select SBS input, input stays monoscopic.

I thought maybe it has to do with the fact I am in windows 7, 64 bit... maybe windows file writing ownership crap, but I look in MP3D.xml file, and changes ARE being made.. ('remember input per source' or whatever it is called, section was added for this particular video).. I tried going in there, changing value from 0 to 4, restart mediaportal, restart video.. but still 'monoscopic in', '2D out', and menu selections don't change anything. At least the other day, I had it processing (from SBS in to over/under out), but not now.

I should ask to clarify... Is current state of MP3D such that we do NOT add at.3dtv filter to post filter section? or do we put it in there and check box? (I tried both, but no difference.)

Also, just thinking out loud... an acceptable implementation of the nvidia option would be for the software to look and see if there is nvidia hardware present, and enable or disable the option appropriately. I guess it's just a question of how much effort this would involve. Unfortunately I have no experience writing stuff for mediaportal, or the nvidia filter. Oh and while I'm thinking out loud (again, these are 'ideal' scenario thoughts... just the matter of how much time it would take to implement them), the output options would likely not change for a given user, and so would be better found in the settings section... Personally, 100% of my use will be SBS LF input, and Nvidia output, so just a 'activate/deactivate' switch is all I need (to tell mediaportal: this is 2D movie, or this is 3D movie), but to be best for all users, all options could be available in settings section, and then just 'activate/deactivate' control available for at actual viewing time.

How can I help? I wish I could help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom