Black Glass Skin 1.5.1 (1 Viewer)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here's a few suggestions for the MoPi and Tvseries views:

I would be glad to see the backdrops in their full glora and colour. You mentioned earlier that this would make text more difficult to read in some places and I agree. But, I think a smarter solution is to create textures that are slightly transparent instead to display these texts in. I know that lots of skinners have created "frames" for differnt views to accomplish this but I'm not sure how you would like to do it. I was thinking about a flipped gradient.png today to use on top of the screen so that the time and header would be easier to see, but I can't do this myself with my inferior PS skills. However, I managed to make the bg_right a bit tranparent and renamed the new file to bg_right2 and used this in a few places, also moved the filmstrip facade a bit lower. Here's the results:

Edit: Two more things,
    1, The spinning circle when something is loading in the background is not consistent with different xml:s. The TVseries one is smaller and more to the left than i.e online videos. That one is bigger and in the middle.
    2, In Tvseries season filmstrip view, is it possible to just show "Season X" in the lower right corner? Sometimes the series name is a bit long and you have to wait like 5 seconds before the text has scrolled to the number. ie "CSI: crime scene investigation Season 5" It can be hard sometime to tell which season it is by just looking at the poster.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i agree with mr viggo full color is much better in my opinion

maybe you should release one with the transparency and one with full colors

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Tgx,
    the skin support the new version of HTPCInfo plugin (0.6.1)?
    Because i'm not able to see all my HDD.

Yes, but only the first two hard drives are displayed.
    In the next version, i'll add support for gauges and several other things.

Bye

Tgx

Is it by design that the text shown with the htpcInfo plugin is so small that I have to stand in front of the screen to read it? Is it possible to add an "overview" that will just show me a few selected infos (e.g. free disk space, processor and ram usage) as shown in the attached image?

DiskUsage.PNG

:D

NOAMattD

Portal Member
    September 20, 2009
    Really loving this skin, just have one request - is it possible to make a 1920x1080 version? Got some higher-rez backgrounds I'd like to use eventually. If it's too much work I'll just wait for the skin editor to be finished, I guess :p

r3bel

October 1, 2009
    Skinned Homescreens wrong

I have just downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Mediaportal on my PC with the BlackGlass skin.

The problem is, the Homescreen is not working as it should. Normaly you have this "surround" view with all the buttons to click but now there is a simple list showing. Same problem with XFace.

I installed MP and copied all the files for the skins in the skin folder and activated them. This worked some days ago as I first tested MP on another Windows installation.

Anyone can help me to fix this?

Here some screenshots to show what I mean:

How it should look like: Link
    How it looks now: Link

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's the standard home screen you are seeing, not basichome. Open Mediaportal configuration, click on "General" and tick the very first box "Start with basic homescreen".

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Damn those links were slow :)

Writing this while they DL:
    MediaPortal has to homescreens
    (My) Home : Autogenerated list from what is enabled or disabled in configuration -> plugins
    Basic Home Screen: Predefined by skin author (or a tool)

In short: Press H on your keyboard or your [the green button] on your remote

:)

(EDIT: My guess was right - you are using (My) Home)

Please don't double post.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Really loving this skin, just have one request - is it possible to make a 1920x1080 version? Got some higher-rez backgrounds I'd like to use eventually. If it's too much work I'll just wait for the skin editor to be finished, I guess :p
    FYI: Changing the resolution for a skin is VERY much work, as you have to rewrite every posX, posY for EVERY image, text etc.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    1-how can i delet the small poster in the list panle ? i like to cut it like you did for tv series list view .
    2- i wont to tack down the cd case ..this i can do ,but the flipy sedow get mix with the movie ditle down ,,so how i can delet only the
    flipy sedow ?
    3- i try to do same for tvseries but the xml totaly defrent then all MP xml to hard for me to find things ....

Hi! Use these files in attachment. I've disabled the mirror effect on DVD covers and removed the small thumbs.

Bye

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom