Black Glass Skin 2.0.1 (1 Viewer)

ThePony

Portal Member
October 17, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

Probably a very stupid question, but is there somewhere a kind of 'help' on how to configure it?

I'd love to start using it but I need a bit of support...

Thx a lot in advance:D

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Thanks for the update!

Can you provide more info on "Brand new media info logos?" Where should I be seeing these?

And what is the fixed bug in myweather?

thanks again

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Everything working fine now with this new version!
The showtimes plugin is now excellent, I am really happy, nothing to see with the previous one!!

What a pity, the well known bug in MyFilms (after entering to the detail view of Myfilms, thumbs of other plugins, including music, are not anymore visible, you must restart MP) but it is not skin related...

Tgx: now, you will surely have time to spend on the radio section...I know what to do, but I don't know how to do...

ThePony: what do you want to know? just install the skin, it is very intuitive, there is nothing to understand. If you are talking about the skin editor, there is a wiki into the package, really easy to configure.

clobber: the bug in Myweather was that after clicking on image view (or satellite view?) MP was blocked.

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can you advise how I can get the Xfactor Fanart Handler to work properly in this skin?

to use FanartHandler ....

1) Download fanart handler dll FanartHandler.dll - x-factor - Fanart Handler Plugin (Beta3.8) - Project Hosting on Google Code
2) Move fanart handler in your plugin process folder.
3) Configure fanart handler by enabling only "Music Fanart Directory", "Enable fanart for MyMusic plugin", "Enable fanart for MyVideo plugin".
4) Create these folders in MP User Config files folder: "thumbs\Skin Fanart\movies", "thumbs\Skin Fanart\music".
5) Fill these two folder with your favorite fanart. The files should be named after the music artist (i.e. "Alicia Keys 1.jpg", "Alicia Keys 2.jpg") or movie name (e.g. "Terminator 1.jpg", "Terminator Salvation 2.jpg").

Note : abut point 4 better to creat all this folder ,just live the one not use empty ,,some user have reportet problam if did not have them :

thumbs\Skin Fanart\games
thumbs\Skin Fanart\pictures
thumbs\Skin Fanart\movies
thumbs\Skin Fanart\music
thumbs\Skin Fanart\plugins
thumbs\Skin Fanart\tv

have fan :)

Excellent, I have it working now, thanks!
Does anyone know any good sites where to get good band fan art from, is there somewhere like thetvdb.com for bands?:D

hockstatter

Portal Member
September 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
okay, so i'm trying to get the list view to as close to the way it was in the "old" alternative layout. i've deleted the code in movingpictures.listview.xml that refers to summary, actors, plot, stars, etc. i'm still hung up on the tiny, tiny thumbnails next to the each movie in the list. it's like a dozen thumbnails being generated while scrolling that seem to bring my cpu to 100% (i run a 1.6 dual core laptop). i just want to make scrolling as quick and smooth as possible. any ideas?

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks to everybody!

I'm very busy at work, so i do not have enough time to follow the skin on the forum.
    I apologize for this. I think that i will be able to upload the updated screenshot tomorrow or on sunday.

The next thing is to create a decent wiki to explain how to skin works and how to correctly configure the plugins.

Thanks

Tgx

pyra

Portal Member
    December 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi to everybody, I'am new in this forum.

This skin is superb but on my configuration I have a little error.
    In TV Guide, above the Description, the "Current program genre" overwrite the last two chars of "Current program time"

eg.
    The time is showed like this "2:35 AM-4:25 AM" and the genre starting by overwriting the last 2 "AM" characters.

To solve this I have change the <posX> of "Current program genre" from 495 to 580 in file mytvguide.xml.

But maybe there is another solution, for exemple by changing the time format in another format without AM-PM.

Thanx

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2009
    I have one trouble with the scin. When I push left or right arrow during video playback there is NO time to jump in bottom bar (time - 1s; 3s; 5s; 30s; etc). Jump is working but for how many time - have no idea :(. In previous version 1.9.0 everything was fine. Is it a bug or my mistake in instalation?
    My configuration : win7, MP 1.1 + last SVN, BlackGlass 2.0.1.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have one trouble with the scin. When I push left or right arrow during video playback there is NO time to jump in bottom bar (time - 1s; 3s; 5s; 30s; etc). Jump is working but for how many time - have no idea :(. In previous version 1.9.0 everything was fine. Is it a bug or my mistake in instalation?
    My configuration : win7, MP 1.1 + last SVN, BlackGlass 2.0.1.

Its localication bug. You need to update it from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...oytool-295/updated-russian-translation-72049/ latest version in the bottom of the topic or wait for next svn.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    is there somewhere a kind of 'help' on how to configure it?

you have to read the other BlackGlass threads (previous versions). Or do you have any specific problem?

Does anyone know any good sites where to get good band fan art from, is there somewhere like thetvdb.com for bands?:D

Home Theatre Backdrops */*Home use the search field

Could the background of moving pictures be again somewhat colored? So full colors?
    Dirk

just check out the "extras" package, there are files for "full color" layout!

Regards
    András

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom