Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
For this test, I only copyed all files in Bleaze\media folder into Blue3Wide\Media folder, and it looks fine..

That didn't work for me - I ended up with a Blue3 kind of look with the odd Bleazle skin graphic thrown in...

Sudoku: The numbers are black and very hard to see on the black background. Perhaps white would be more nice ?

I see what you mean - white won't work though because then you won't be able to see the numbers you enter. I'll probably just change the gradient on the background so that it's still black at the top but grey from where the game starts. This will be in the next release.

..Still no luck using this setting. I now realize you also have this problem, considering the screenshots of your first post in this thread....

So it's just the DVD & CD Previews and I guess the CD/Music Now Playing that looked stretched? (let me know if there are any others) I was imagining something much worse :) As you say mine looks the same but it's never worried me. Having said that I'm sure it won't take much to square things up a bit. I'll have a look at it this week.

Dave

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
OK I've had a look at the squashed DVD cover issue. This is what they looked like on my screen originally:

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture125-bleazlevidorig.jpg

This is what it looks like now (KungFu panda looks a lot fitter!):

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture126-bleazlevid.jpg

And this is what Blue3Wide looks like:

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture127-blue3widevid.jpg

To test this out download the attached XML file and paste it into the Bleazle skin folder (overwrite the existing file). Let me know how it looks :)

If it looks good I'll sort out the music CD image previews too.

Dave

ploegske

Portal Member
December 5, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
OK I've had a look at the squashed DVD cover issue. This is what they looked like on my screen originally:

---- cut out ----

To test this out download the attached XML file and paste it into the Bleazle skin folder (overwrite the existing file). Let me know how it looks :)

If it looks good I'll sort out the music CD image previews too.

Dave

Based on the screenshots alone: this looks really great, superb! I won't test right now, because it's past midnight over here in Holland and my mediacenter is already switched off. But I will test it out tomorrow evening and let you know ASAP.

Thanks Dave! :D

Albert

ploegske

Portal Member
December 5, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Based on the screenshots alone: this looks really great, superb! I won't test right now, because it's past midnight over here in Holland and my mediacenter is already switched off. But I will test it out tomorrow evening and let you know ASAP.

Thanks Dave! :D

Albert

Couldn't wait till this evening, just tested this and looks like it should be! If you could fix mymusic also, I would be very grateful and your skin will be near to perfect.... :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...Couldn't wait till this evening, just tested this and looks like it should be! If you could fix mymusic also, I would be very grateful and your skin will be near to perfect.... :)

Hey Albert, glad to hear it looks OK :D I would be sorting out MyMusic right now but my wife's watching Recorded TV so I can't test anything :( Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow. I'll do the Global Search preview at the same time. I've been trying to get the TV Series plugin to work for me but I'm not having any luck yet - I want to try to get this sorted before I release another version.

I've changed the "now playing" font in the music playlist (the one when you click play on a CD cover) from grey (which was impossible to read unless the title was "in focus" with the green button on it) to orange which is the same as it is when you open a CD then click on a track to play it. Looks much better. This will be in the next release too.

Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
send us the xml for the mymusic fix and ill test it for you if you like. im only at work so havent got anything important to do :D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
send us the xml for the mymusic fix and ill test it for you if you like. im only at work so havent got anything important to do :D

Sounds like you've got the same sort of job as me then! :D It's not worth sending you anything yet because I haven't had a chance to get it looking right on my TV. I'll put it up once it's done though.

ploegske

Portal Member
December 5, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Albert, glad to hear it looks OK :D I would be sorting out MyMusic right now but my wife's watching Recorded TV so I can't test anything :( Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow. I'll do the Global Search preview at the same time. I've been trying to get the TV Series plugin to work for me but I'm not having any luck yet - I want to try to get this sorted before I release another version.

I've changed the "now playing" font in the music playlist (the one when you click play on a CD cover) from grey (which was impossible to read unless the title was "in focus" with the green button on it) to orange which is the same as it is when you open a CD then click on a track to play it. Looks much better. This will be in the next release too.

Dave

Take your time, I'm already satisfied with this ;-)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey guys,

The wife wasn't feeling too well so she went to bed and I got to play on this for a bit :)

Drop these 3 files into your Bleazle directory and see what you come up with. Looks a lot better on my screen - I would do some screenshots for you but it's nearly 1am and I can't be bothered!

I still need to sort out the "CD preview" on the slide-in menus (there are two different menus - one for when a CD has been played directly and another for when you've opened a CD the selected a song) but I didn't think they were as important as getting these files out for "testing".

Let me know what you think.

Dave

ploegske

Portal Member
December 5, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Great, I'll try when I come home from work. You will need some sleep first anyway, taking our time difference into account. Your AM is my PM ;-)
Thanks again!

Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom