thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...now get off to bed you mad nutter! :D

:D I had to get it to a point where I was happy with it - tired today though. That's two nights in a row I've been up past 1am tidying this thing up. The "job satisfaction" makes it worth it though when I sit down in front of my TV with a beer in my hand :D

Here's a screenshot of the "shortcut links" I was talking about in Foofaraw. When you click on them the screen goes dark and you can scroll through the icons then jump to another part of MP withough having to go through the Home screen. I'm like you - I use the shortcuts on my remote(s) too but this might be handy?

I might have a play around with it anyway. I don't really like the way it works in Foofaraw as far getting to the links (and getting out of them) is concerned but if it can be simplified it could be good? I don't want to overcomplicate the skin though...

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture117-foofaraw.jpg

Since looking at the screenshots I've just uploaded of the TV Guide I'm thinking of moving the current time/date from the bottom right of the screen to the top right which is where it is in most of the other screens. Anyone got an opinion on that?

Dave

Hi not sure if its somehting Ive done, but Ive just loaded up the new version and on starting the Client it complains at loading screen that "this skin is outdated".

Deleted Cache files, overwrote all previous files in Skins folder etc .... but Ive also had a play on the MPServer machine (different machine).

Would load up the previous version, but Ive deleted it already :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...Ive just loaded up the new version and on starting the Client it complains at loading screen that "this skin is outdated".

Deleted Cache files, overwrote all previous files in Skins folder etc .... but Ive also had a play on the MPServer machine (different machine).

I've just downloaded the current version from the MP site (because I've already changed a couple of things on my local version) and installed it and it's all good - no "outdated" message.

Are you running RC3 or RC4? If you're running RC3 the "older version" of this skin would've been fine but according to eetaylog the RC4 compatible version throws up the "outdated" message in RC3. If that's the case just upgrade to RC4 or keep clicking "ignore" :) Hopefully that's all it is. Let me know how you get on.

Dave

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...Ive just loaded up the new version and on starting the Client it complains at loading screen that "this skin is outdated".

I've just downloaded the current version from the MP site (because I've already changed a couple of things on my local version) and installed it and it's all good - no "outdated" message.

Are you running RC3 or RC4? If you're running RC3 the "older version" of this skin would've been fine but according to eetaylog the RC4 compatible version throws up the "outdated" message in RC3. If that's the case just upgrade to RC4 or keep clicking "ignore" :) Hopefully that's all it is. Let me know how you get on.

Dave

All sorted. All I did was go into Config on the MP Client and reselected the Beazle Skin (it was already selected, but selected another then back). After reboot ... all good. :p

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Bleazle

In all of the screen shots, the format of your skin updates appear to be 16:9, but when I configure MP to resize to the skin, it appears as a 4:3. Are the skins 16:9 or 4:3?

PS I think that the TV Guide in grey is better than the blue.

Cheers Mike

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ..All sorted. All I did was go into Config on the MP Client and reselected the Beazle Skin (it was already selected, but selected another then back). After reboot ... all good. :p

Great!

Hey Bleazle

In all of the screen shots, the format of your skin updates appear to be 16:9, but when I configure MP to resize to the skin, it appears as a 4:3. Are the skins 16:9 or 4:3?

PS I think that the TV Guide in grey is better than the blue.

Cheers Mike

Aaaah yeah.... well since it's based on Blue 3 it must be 4:3 skin but as you can see I run it on my widescreen TV hence the widescreen shots. I've had a look at Blue 3 wide on my screen and (not even including the graphics) it looks ugly - maybe that's because I've never used the "resize" configuration you're talking about? How do I do that? Not that I really want or need to because the skin looks great on my screen (and that's the main thing to me!! :D ) but it would be good to know what you mean, and see what you (and others) are seeing.

If you don't use the "resize" configuration does it look like my screenshots?

Cheers

Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    ...now get off to bed you mad nutter! :D

Here's a screenshot of the "shortcut links" I was talking about in Foofaraw. When you click on them the screen goes dark and you can scroll through the icons then jump to another part of MP withough having to go through the Home screen. I'm like you - I use the shortcuts on my remote(s) too but this might be handy?

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture117-foofaraw.jpg

Since looking at the screenshots I've just uploaded of the TV Guide I'm thinking of moving the current time/date from the bottom right of the screen to the top right which is where it is in most of the other screens. Anyone got an opinion on that?

Dave

thats weird, i dont remember ever having seen those shortcuts before. from what youve described though it might be useful to some people, so maybe its not a bad idea to re-jig them to how you want them and include them?

re: moving the date and time to the top right, sounds like a good idea to me. make it however you prefer it mate, its your skin after all :)

ploegske

Portal Member
    December 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this awesome skin, I really like it. Have replaced the Blue3Wide.

Only thing to work on would be the cdbox-dvdbox previews in MyMusic and MyFilms etc. They are stretched out and do not resemble the one from the latest Blue3Wide skin. Could you fix that please? My covers look really weird now

mruane

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bleazle

If you set MP to "Autosize window mode to skin...", then yes, you get a standard 4:3 screen size at startup. Like you though, I also run MP full screen and yes it looks just fine. It was more of an academic question really, as I only run in Windowed mode on my notebook client. The Minimac I use as a client in the living room always runs full screen so the lack of 16:9 is not really noticeable - except perhaps that the icons would not be so stretched.

Not a big issue though and not worth spending any energy on - and yes on a Wide Screen plasma it does look like your screen shots.

I have tried downloading today's version twice this evening and both times it reports a bad ZIP file. Did anyone else notice this?

Cheers Mike

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for this awesome skin, I really like it. Have replaced the Blue3Wide.

Only thing to work on would be the cdbox-dvdbox previews in MyMusic and MyFilms etc. They are stretched out and do not resemble the one from the latest Blue3Wide skin. Could you fix that please? My covers look really weird now

Glad you like the skin:) I' guessing that the CD cover stretching is something to do with your screen settings? Maybe you could pay around with that?

..I have tried downloading today's version twice this evening and both times it reports a bad ZIP file. Did anyone else notice this?

Thanks for the informative reply. I just tried downloading the file again (having downloaded it without any problems this afternoon) and I got the file error too. It's probably something to do with MP having changed servers. If it's still not working tomorrow I'll upload it again.

Dave

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Looks good. I really liked the Foofaraw skin, but just hated the green colour (and more importantly, the girlfriend hated it even more - and we all know who's in charge regarding those sort of things ;) ).

Request for supported plugins: MPTVseries, Moving Pictures and ForTheRecord. These are basically the only plugins I use, so a skin without them is a no-go for me right now.
    But I'll try it out. Since its based on Blue3 (which supports all of the above) I can hope that it will work fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom