Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
If Moving Pictures and TVSeries are supported then I'd be happy too :)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi thanks for the awesome skin - give the polished look to the program......keep up the great work as some of us have little clue how to do this for ourselves!!! :)
regars Neville

ploegske

Portal Member
December 5, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for this awesome skin, I really like it. Have replaced the Blue3Wide.

Only thing to work on would be the cdbox-dvdbox previews in MyMusic and MyFilms etc. They are stretched out and do not resemble the one from the latest Blue3Wide skin. Could you fix that please? My covers look really weird now

Glad you like the skin:) I' guessing that the CD cover stretching is something to do with your screen settings? Maybe you could pay around with that?

Dave

Dave

Thnx for your quick response. I did however not change anything in my config, just added your skin and selected it. The blue3wide didn't stretch at all, while yours does.
I will fiddle a bit, but why do I have to if I have a widescreen TV? :confused:
Will post a screenshot next time!

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...and more importantly, the girlfriend hated it even more - and we all know who's in charge regarding those sort of things ;)

haha - yeah we do :)

...Request for supported plugins: MPTVseries, Moving Pictures and ForTheRecord....

If Moving Pictures and TVSeries are supported then I'd be happy too :)

So that's 2 "votes" for TVSeries, 2 for Moving Pictures and one for ForTheRecord. I should be able to put something together for TVSeries and Moving Pictures easy enough but I'm not sure about FTR - I tried installing it a while back and didn't have much joy - looks like an awesome plugin though so I want to get it working.

I'll work on these over the next week when I get a chance. I'll try to get it done before Christmas for ya! ;)

Hi thanks for the awesome skin - give the polished look to the program......keep up the great work as some of us have little clue how to do this for ourselves!!! :)
regars Neville

Cheers Neville :) who said I know what I'm doing?? :D I'm a "change it/break it/change it again/hmmm..that seems to work" kind of "skinner". Don't know what I'm doing but the end result makes it look like I do :D

Dave

...I did however not change anything in my config, just added your skin and selected it. The blue3wide didn't stretch at all, while yours does.

As per my reply to mruane on the previous page this skin is based on Blue 3 (a 4:3 skin) which will be why it looks strange on your screen. What if you change the "Autosize window mode to skin..." setting? As you can see in my screen shots I'm using it on a widescreen TV and it looks fine - if the icons and covers etc looked stretched I wouldn't use it :D

Let me know how you get on.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can it be, that you use there the xml´s from the Blue3 4:3 version for the mod.
    It looks all a bit strange stretched.
    For a widesreen mod, you should better use the files from the Blu3wide version. So it will be displayed in correct aspectratio.

Or should it be a 4:3 version, but then you use there wrong made screenhots.

Greetings Harley

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tryed blue3 wide

I tryed to copy the files in Bleaze\media folder into blue3 wide and everything looks good and seames to work perfectly also Moving Pictures.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Moving Pictures Support

I've just downloaded and installed this for the first time and I can see why you guys like it - it's great! The "quick fix"to get it to work with this skin is to install the files in the Generic 4x3 skin folder that come with the plugin into the Bleazle skin folder. It works fine then :) if you want to change the view use the "i" button on your remote.

Can it be, that you use there the xml´s from the Blue3 4:3 version for the mod.
    It looks all a bit strange stretched. For a widesreen mod, you should better use the files from the Blu3wide version. So it will be displayed in correct aspectratio. Or should it be a 4:3 version, but then you use there wrong made screenhots.
    Greetings Harley

Hi Harley, thanks for the input (and the great work you've put into the Blue3 skins!). I agree I should probably base the skin on Blue3 Wide but on my 50" Plasma screen Blue3 Wide doesn't look as good - everything is too big. Here are a couple of comparisons:

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture122-7-12-2008-8-41-17-m.jpg

Not enough rows for my liking (but I prefer the bigger Folder image so I will change that)

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture121-7-12-2008-8-39-12-m.jpg

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture123-7-12-2008-8-41-29-m.jpg

Same comment as above

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture124-7-12-2008-8-44-20-m.jpg

These screenshots are straight from my TV. It probably has something to do with my graphics card only outputting a 720P image but as you can see things don't look stretched on my screen. (Note: Both skins look the same whether I select "Auto size skin.." or not)

I don't want to "support" two versions of this skin - I put it together because I wanted a skin that looked like this and once it was starting to look OK I figured someone else might want the same sort of look too so I decided to make it available. Unfortunately I haven't got time to change everything to a Blue 3 Wide version which I will never use :( SO hopefully nip.nyborg's solution will help people that like the skin but are having the stretched icon problem... :)

I tryed to copy the files into blue3 wide and everything looks good and seames to work perfectly also Moving Pictures.

Nice idea!! :D Thanks for letting the people watching this thread know!! If people with the "icon stretching problem" could give it a go that would be great. Once we get some feedback if it works for most people I can add this solution to the first post in this thread and the README file in the download.

To work out which files to copy I've just done this (Note: sort folders by "Date modified - most recent > oldest"):

Make a copy of the Blue3 Wide skin folder & call it Bleazle Wide :D or whatever you want :D then:

1. In the "Bleazle" skin folder copy the files from the top through to (and including) common.window.XML (modified 27/11/08)
    2. In the "Bleazle\Media" folder Copy the files from the top through to (and including) background.png (modified 25/11/2008)

Copy the files into the "Bleazle Wide" folders as appropriate -override existing files.

Start MP then select "Bleazle Wide"

Most things looked OK on my system but Pictures "fell off the screen" to the right and the filmstrip view did the same sort of thing, so either it's my system/screen resolution settings or there's a file being copied over which shouldn't be so I need some feedback on this.

Cheers

Dave

PS. I've added support for My Hexagon today so that will be in the next release. Now it's time for me to get outside in the sun and do some work around the house!!

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Test with Blue3 Wide

For this test, I only copyed all files in Bleaze\media folder into Blue3Wide\Media folder, and it looks fine.
    I don´t know if there are any other files that should be copyed.
    Or some that should not.

trazz

December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice skin!

I noticed that Plugins -> Sudoku: The numbers are black and very hard to see on the black background. Perhaps white would be more nice ?

/trazz

ploegske

Portal Member
    December 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...I did however not change anything in my config, just added your skin and selected it. The blue3wide didn't stretch at all, while yours does.

As per my reply to mruane on the previous page this skin is based on Blue 3 (a 4:3 skin) which will be why it looks strange on your screen. What if you change the "Autosize window mode to skin..." setting? As you can see in my screen shots I'm using it on a widescreen TV and it looks fine - if the icons and covers etc looked stretched I wouldn't use it :D

Let me know how you get on.

Hi

Still no luck using this setting. I now realize you also have this problem, considering the screenshots of your first post in this thread. Anyway, here's my image:

This is a DVD cover!

Thanks again

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom