BleazleWide V7.1.0 (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

First thing first: fantastic work on the skin! Simply love it!

But...After upgrading to 1) MP 1.0.2 and 2)Bleazle V7 I am having problems with the graphics. As you can see from the pictures it is totally messed up. Is this a skin problem or a MP problem?

Any ideas anyone?

Edit: sorry about the on-screen keyboard :p My MS-keyboard didnt have the screen-print button :)

WOW! That's some mess you've got going on there!! All I can tell you is that I've upgraded to MP 1.0.2 and my screen doesn't look like that :eek: BleazleWide V7 doesn't need to be upgraded/changed to work with MP 1.0.2 so it looks like it's a MP issue. Have you tried running Blue3Wide? If that runs OK then obviously there's something about the skin your system isn't liking but I've got no idea what it could be.

Let us know how you get on with B3W - if that works maybe someone else will have an idea...

Bleazle

cerberus

Portal Pro
October 18, 2008
BW
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I've updated to version 1.0.2 and got problems with the missing tvserver. I fixed it with a new installation, all settings achieved. The myhexagon plugin doesn't work at my installation, using the same version as you for what I deleted my cache and used your xml.

I noticed that there are no fading images at radio, weather or settings. Why is this?

I also detected a small error in last.fm. When watching a video on youtube and then switching to last.fm the band and song name is replaced by the name of the video seen last (see screenshot video=fz1).

Over all I'm very happy with the state of evolution. You've done a great job. Thanks a lot.

Yours, the quality-management

Attachments

• lastfm.jpg
    lastfm.jpg
    40.5 KB

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bleazle

Can you check your Dist for the following file
    4TR_TVGuide.xml

Ive just installed 4TR and that file isnt in my install, isnt in your ZIP or in the extra files you posted.

Have I messed up somewhere?

Dont worry.
    Found a file in
    d:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Customisation Options\ForTheRecord V1.4 Skin Files

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bleazle

Can you check your Dist for the following file
    4TR_TVGuide.xml

Ive just installed 4TR and that file isnt in my install, isnt in your ZIP or in the extra files you posted.

Have I messed up somewhere?

Dont worry.
    Found a file in
    d:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Customisation Options\ForTheRecord V1.4 Skin Files
    PS. Did an install on a second client machine, and again no 4TR_TVGuide.xml, but this time I didnt have the folder "Customisation Options"

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ..The myhexagon plugin doesn't work at my installation, using the same version as you for what I deleted my cache and used your xml....

I just checked and MyHexagon is fine for me - were you using it in 1.01?

...I noticed that there are no fading images at radio, weather or settings. Why is this?

Because I didn't want to blow out the size of the download with a lot of images people might not have wanted. You can grab the fading images you need from this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bleazle-311/animated-fading-hover-images-57443/

I also detected a small error in last.fm. When watching a video on youtube and then switching to last.fm the band and song name is replaced by the name of the video seen last (see screenshot video=fz1).

Are you talking about the YouTube.fm plugin -> Last.fm? If so I think you'll find that's a plugin issue - that plugin (YouTube.fm) is getting better all of the time but there are still issues with it. Look at this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/youtube-fm-youtube-music-videos-updated-07-05-2009-a-49148/index21.html#post419261. If you're not convinced post on that thread and see what you come up with - if it's a skin issue I'll sort it.

..Over all I'm very happy with the state of evolution. You've done a great job. Thanks a lot.
    Yours, the quality-management

:D haha - glad you like it - it's certainly changed a lot since I originally released it!

@ thekiwi

Hey mate, sorry for the slow reply - work has had to take priority over the last coupe of days (and nights) :(

Re: The customisation options - they're not supposed to be dropped into your MediaPortal directory but it obviously doesn't hurt if you do that. If you've lost them you'll have to download the skin again. What version of ForTheRecord are you using? I thought it was only V1.4 (that hasn't been released publicly yet) that needed the 4TR_TVGuide.xml file...

Bleazle

MrSpike

Portal Member
    January 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is a great skin, thankz for it! :D

One question, when viewing the tv-series plug in pages I can't read the text on some of the fanart backgrounds. Is it possible to darken the fanart image on the background to make the text readable?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

One question, when viewing the tv-series plug in pages I can't read the text on some of the fanart backgrounds. Is it possible to darken the fanart image on the background to make the text readable?

Yea been thinking the same, that I might edit the XML files for a version which makes the white text more readible. When you check the screen shots in the MyTvSeries thread, they are a lot better with the "greyed' out background.
    MovingPictures is the same, where I think their screen shots were from the MayhemIII skin. A lot easier to read.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Yea been thinking the same, that I might edit the XML files for a version which makes the white text more readible. When you check the screen shots in the MyTvSeries thread, they are a lot better with the "greyed' out background.
    MovingPictures is the same, where I think their screen shots were from the MayhemIII skin. A lot easier to read.

I prefer to see the fanart (I don't read the text very often) but it's easy enough for you to darken the overlay, just do this:

1. Open TVSeries.xml and go to this bit of code (it starts at line 54):

<control>
    <id>0</id>
    <type>image</type>
    <posX>0</posX>
    <posY>0</posY>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <texture>midstrip.png</texture>
    <colordiffuse>60ffffff</colordiffuse>
    <visible>Control.IsVisible(1232)</visible>
    </control>

2. Then you can either delete the text I've highlighted in bold (which will give you a really dark overlay) or play around with the setting. I've just set mine to <colordiffuse>90ffffff</colordiffuse> and it seems to achieve the balance of readability and fanart viewability but you guys might want it set darker..

Bleazle

MrSpike

Portal Member
    January 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you!, this is exactly what I wanted! :D

evolution2

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the new version I love this skin.

My only issue is that when looking at the TV guide the program overview text at the bottom of the screen is tiny. The program overview text in the recorded TV section is a perfect size

Brendon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom