BleazleWide V8.1.1.0 for MP 1.1.x (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: BleazleWide V8.1

thank you for replay i think you right i did not install info service i will check and report.thank you.

No problem, let me know if you have any further problems

I haven't run Bleazle for a while, but I thought I'd give it a go but it won't start for me (running RC5 of MePo). As soon as the BasicHome is supposed to load, MediaPortal just exits. Sorry I don't have any logs, 'cause I'm off to bed.

Emph

Hi Emph,

Let me know how you get on with this, I'm running RC4 on both systems (I think I'll give RC5 a miss and wait for 1.1 "final") and everything is running fine. My local version is different to what you have downloaded but the changes I've made don't have anything to do with the BasicHome screen, apart from the changes required for the latest version of InfoService to show weather data on the bottom of the screen (I would have uploaded this as a separate update but since no one has mentioned it it doesn't seem to be required).

Don't worry about posting logs, I won't understand them anyway :oops: :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I reinstalled BleazleWide 8.1 and this time I chose the included InfoService plugin. Also did a restart of my HTPC and now it works. My money's on the plugin version though. I believe I had a fresher version installed previous to installing your skin, so that might be something to check up on.

Emph

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

..My money's on the plugin version though. I believe I had a fresher version installed previous to installing your skin, so that might be something to check up on.

Emph

Yep, that'll be the problem.

I should release a new version of the skin but I'm too busy at the moment to get it to the point where it's good to release :sorry: It was much quicker/easier when all I had to do was upload a zipped file :rolleyes: ..... the ability to add options using the installer is cool but I've just made more work for myself :(

The next release will probably be the last one anyway because there are plenty of great skins around now and I don't have the time to keep up with new plugins or when a plugin developer makes changes that requires a skin update.

Bleazle

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

..My money's on the plugin version though. I believe I had a fresher version installed previous to installing your skin, so that might be something to check up on.

Emph

The next release will probably be the last one anyway because there are plenty of great skins around now and I don't have the time to keep up with new plugins or when a plugin developer makes changes that requires a skin update.

Bleazle

Hang on a second!!! Standards. There is a loyal and dedicated floowing of the Bleazle tradition!! Your fanbase is not happy with talk of having to pack it in!!:eek: :D

Dave, we appreciate the work you have done and hopefully someone can continue with the work etc

regards
    Neville

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Haha :D Cheers guys. I'll start working on the next release shortly but I'm tied up at the moment getting ready for the Tarawera 100 (100mile enduro race) - here's a link to the start line action - 300 crazys going hard for the first corner....: YouTube - Tarawera 100 start 2009

If I don't post after the 10th it's safe to assume that the race didn't go quite as planned...

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

If I don't post after the 10th it's safe to assume that the race didn't go quite as planned...

hey... it's the 13th :(

you alright ?

Vff

Haha - yep, thanks for asking, I'm feelin' the love :D I managed to get through the race without hitting the ground (I did hit a tree but luckily I picked on a small one :) ) - there were plenty of crashes though which was great because it made my overall result look better :D

Re: MediaPortal

I've been having major issues with codecs on my new HTPC which has been driving me nuts and has taken up all of my "MP time" lately but HOPEFULLY I've got them sorted now (I'm not holding my breath though). If everything is working I'll put some time into getting a MP 1.1 compliant version out soon after 1.1 hits the airwaves. I'm not planning on making too many changes other than the required skin changes + updating InfoService support and maybe HTPC Info + DriveSpace support. Apart from that I've got an idea for the looping animation which is apparently working now (haven't had a chance to play with that yet), but I'll have to see how much time that ends up taking up..

If anyone has any requests now would be the time to throw them out there (I'm hoping no one has any :) )

Cheers

Bleazle

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hey,

I've just done a fresh re-install of Bleazle Wide, but I'm still having no joy with the weather backgrounds... which is making me :(

I have the infoservice running, and if I go into the weather options, I get the correct weather data, including the 5-day forecast. (Auckland, NZ).

However, I'm not getting the backdrops. Also, if I go 'down' from one of the buttons to the left, I get this:
    4795678792_1062fcba3c.jpg

It flickers with somemessage about infoservice.weather.data or something.

Any clues!?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Sounds like you're running InfoService 1.6? If so give the two attached files a go. Note: The BasicHome screen is the one I use on my HTPC so you'll need to tweak it to suit your needs.

Let me know how you get on...

Bleazle

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      72.4 KB
    • myweather.xml
      24.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom