Blue3 Skinfiles For TV-Series (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You're using the fancy new RC3 skin from the rar in post #1?
    You don't have the issues I have above?

hi, I am using in on RC3's bluetwo3 skin, in 16:9 mode, (yes, I know it's a 4:3 skin) , I have not seen any problem with it when installing and testing yesterday.
    now I see, - when video is minimized, and should run in the window, then the text becomes a mess.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Asked gamejester to have a look at this as he's now back from his hols.

Also the dll in download does not find TVShows, so recommended to not use atm, until fixed :(

if you want to blame anyone, its me, i wanted the TVSeries to be working for the Blue3 release, as its one of the best (if not the best) plugins for MP and considered it should be available for people at the same time as the release, just no one fully tested it , as there were updates going on left, right and centre on Blue3 anyway :(

:sorry:

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

I am back from holiday now so will get time later this week to look at this.

FYI - the skin file is a proof of concept and not entirely finished yet, it was designed to show some of the new features and focuses on making best use of available space. We only want to show info that is required, I do not think we need to see a description about each show all the time in both the banners view and season views; that is why you can now navigate left and right when in the banners view to get the description to pop out (have you found that feature?)

The compile I did of TVseries.dll was very quick mod off of the latest code as it existed about a month ago; I will need to review that and ensure it is ready for general conception.

BUGS:
    There are some issues with animation and hidden events firing or not being set correctly. This is not a skin issue, but bugs within the core facadeview control. I was working with Bavarian before I went away to iron these out and I have seen that he has submitted fixes for a few of them into RC3, but we still have a few more to do.

Enhancements I will look to put into the re-work.

FanArt - needs aligning properly
    Season banners - that screen needs more info. Ideally I would like to use a filmstrip view for season covers and scroll left/right; this would also allow for some cool animations.
    Episodes. This screen is really not done at all yet. Need to add some pop out info, animations and screen episode thumb and get it all to look good with both a fanart background and no fanart.

If someone wants to summarise all the bugs/bits missing with the skin file it will refresh my memory and speed up my next release!

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    FYI.

This is how the banners screen is supposed to look when it is working.
    When in the left column press LEFT and the banners swing one way into the background and the info pannel pops out - opposite for the right column and press RIGHT.

(works on first load but then gets out of sync after you watch an episode or go home and come back, if you see the words over the banners, press left then right to get it all back in sync - core.dll fix to follow ;-)

Notice that one side has a solid background and the other a translucent, we had a vote and solid won, so both will be solid in the next cut.

Attachments

• left.jpg
      left.jpg
      72.7 KB
    • covers.jpg
      covers.jpg
      78.3 KB
    • right.jpg
      right.jpg
      74.1 KB

tranquil

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2008
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    is the subtitles issue going to resolved as well?
    currently i don't see any action done (logs) when i'm trying to get subtitles for a certain episode.

plus, i wonder i can give a hand in development.

i'm currently working as a perl/linux developer, but i've got knowladge in C# .NET, what do i need to know in order to pitch in the action?

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Help with dev on the TVseries plugin I am sure would be greatly appreciated.
    It is not my baby, look to Inker and Zeflash (sorry if I have missed anyone else out).
    Last I heard everyone was a bit burnt out working on it and I was going to (and will soon) lend a hand but have been spending my time in the core videos bit.
    Pop over to the google code repository and express your interest in joining the team and one of the above will respond.

Not entirely sure what the current etiquette is with coding for the plugin, but something sensible like starting with a few small bug fixes to prove your skills would be an idea. SVN releases where pulled from general consumption some time ago in a effort to stabilise the code so it would be good for us all to discuss any proposed changes so that we are all moving in the same direction (code review might also be a good idea). The temptation to add new features is always great, but if we can all focus and eliminating the bugs for now that would be great. There is a list of them over at google code. I plan to focus my attention on the GUI facadeview animation visibility issues when I get time; but a lot of these are related to core.dll issues so need to iron them out there before seeing what is left over as a plugin issue.

You can PM me and I will help you set up your environment if you like.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    TVSeries [is] one of the best (if not the best) plugins for MP

Agreed, closely followed by Moving Pictures. The graphics for 'My Movies' in blue3 seem to be much improved, though, which could make Moving Pictures obsolete if My Movies used the improved movie-matching functionality from Moving Pictures. Any chance of getting this into MP?

Oops, I've managed to simultaneously thread hijack and ask for extra MP features.

Users who are viewing this thread