button for exit? (1 Viewer)

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
quick question: is there a remote control button for quitting MediaPortal?

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No, but you could certainly configure one. E.g. the green power button on an MCE remote could be programmed to bring up the Shutdown menu, or to quit MP. I've had mine configured for shut down so long, I don't remember the "default" option.

I assume you use an MCE remote?

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
yes MCE remote here. For me (and apparently others too) a bug prevents me from using native "use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard" option in MP, which causes certain buttons to be lost. One way for me to get the remote working normally is to disable that option and instead use the IR Suite plugin, which I'm still learning.

Can anyone explain how to configure the IR Suite plugin to map remote buttons to certain functions or keyboard presses?

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I also have the MCE remote (v2) and would like to make the Power Button close MP rather than putting the system to sleep!

Very annoying if you accidently press it and the system goes to sleep :(

yogi_bear_79

Portal Member
    January 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you installed the IRSS, there is aprogram called translator. I have it setup to launch whenever windows launches. Once it is running in your system tray,double-click it to open it. There you can hit the new button, it will prompt you to hit the botton on your remote that you want to map. Then just tell it what you want it to to do. If you want to exit MP you could save paste the following into notepad:

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    WshShell.Run "tskill Mediaportal", 0, true

Then save it as MP_Exit.vbs

Then just map your button to this script, it will cleanly exit MP. There are probbaly other ways, but this will work.

SwedeNewbie

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi this vbs-file does really not close the MP, it does kill the MP. That is why you get the message "MP crached unexpectadely". You can get the same effect with alt+F4 that you can map in Translator.

In this way you can't have scheduled recordings of live TV beacause you have killed MP. A better solution is to closing the MP to tray, then go to hibernate.

There should be a key shotcut for closing MP. Though Í have not found it under "keyboard shortcuts" inside MP configuration. I think MP developers has missed to apply on of the most imortant functions.

Users who are viewing this thread