CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can MP work with WMC in order to watch the encrypted channels?
    No.

[edit: XBMC and maybe others can use WMC as a back end. BUT if the channels are indeed protected by DRM, nothing except a WMC extender will allow you to watch those channels or recordings outside WMC. In other words, for DRM-protected channels on a PC it is pretty much WMC or nothing.]

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I allow them both to co-exist: MP for my OTA, movies, and all; and, WMC for the CableCard regardless of DRM flags. They are friendly apps, in fact, I don't have to shut either down for the other to play -- just STOP anything that is playing or LIVE and the other keeps on truckin'

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Any quick way to identify and/or manually wipe the channels that I am not subscribed to? (i.e. is there a flag in the DB anywhere?)

sphawk88

June 17, 2015
    Home Country
    so...has anyone gotten mediaportal working on windows 10? i got my ceton infinitv4 pcie working for the most part this evening on the latest win10 tech preview build 10130, with a bit of wonkiness. considering this is the first time i've actually installed or use mediaportal (i'm just seeing if i can actually cut the cord on windows 8, it blows and i'd like to avoid lingering on windows 7 forever), can anyone tell me if changing channels is usually so slow? when changing HD channels on win10, it is fairly snappy, however changing to SD channels seems to be a bit struggle-bus. i also need to get the program data working correctly (it's late and i need to sleep now). comments/suggestions? :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

so...has anyone gotten mediaportal working on windows 10?
    Yes, if you search the forum you'll see people have been running MP on the test builds since last year.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...alled-on-windows-10-technical-preview.127876/

This guy is using a CableCARD tuner with W10:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/preparing-for-windows-10.130998/

Doesn't seem to be a problem. :)

can anyone tell me if changing channels is usually so slow? when changing HD channels on win10, it is fairly snappy, however changing to SD channels seems to be a bit struggle-bus.
    There should be no noticable difference between SD and HD.
    If you want help with this, I request that you post log files as instructed in the first post. Without them nobody really has any idea what is going on.

Regards,
    mm

hoopsurfer

August 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Windows 10 works! This week I got around to doing my final personal Windows 10 upgrade on a system running Media Center with a Ceton quad tuner card to Windows 10 with MediaPortal. This system was an OS upgrade from a working Windows 8.1 Pro w/ Media Center so I haven't tested installing from scratch I did run the Ceton Diagnostics program and cleared tuner configuration and reset network settings in the Devices tab and noted that the tuners seemed to be working fine in the CableCard tab after the OS upgrade was complete. I then followed the details outlined in the updated first post in this thread including applying the patches (unblock the DLLs in each files properties), setting CAM on tuners, scanning as Digital Cable, making sure mapping was set. I had to set General/Scan/SDT/VCT to 200 to scan successfully. Once done I went through configuring channels and guide. I used WebEPG with IMDb for a channel guide and that is working. Hardest part is creating the .xml mapping which will take a while to create for all 550 channels being broadcast. Hint, export the channel list and then reuse that list. I'm running for now with a partial file. I need to finish configuring the channel groups feature to just show favorites or sports in the guide. I haven't figured yet how to customize channel names but before I start on that thought I would share my success with those contemplating an upgrade.

Farley Postgate

September 28, 2015
    Home Country
    I'm sorry if It's been discussed somewhere but I can't seem to find any good direction in my seraches. It looks like support for HD Homerun Prime exists however I can not figure out how to get media portal to find any channels when I do a scan. I have the 3 tuner sillicondust HD Homerun Prime. I also have a subscription to schedules direct. Can anyone give me a definitive answer to whether I can use media portal for this setup? I really appreciate any help.

Best regards,
    Farley

Attachments

• Cam SetupPNG.PNG
      Cam SetupPNG.PNG
      73 KB
    • Tuning modes.PNG
      Tuning modes.PNG
      48.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom