Can I turn on and off the live recording of television? (1 Viewer)

DJA

April 24, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am new to MediaPortal. Is it possible to turn on and off at will the live recording (DVR like functioning) of television channels – either individually or grouped?

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    The only way that I am aware of would be to remove the schedules that you have setup, but I assume this is not what you are looking for.. is it?

DJA

April 24, 2012
    Home Country
    No, my scheduled recordings are not the problem.

Live recording or "Timeshifting" (as I believe it is referred to as on MediaPortal) is the problem. By "live recording or timeshifting" I mean that feature which allows for pausing, and replay of live television. This is a wonderful feature for viewing live television; however, it is a nightmare for those of us that distribute video on a cable channel system. Modulators are used to place a video signal over an unoccupied cable channel – which can then be distributed throughout a facility or home. Low-resolution modulators cost a few hundred dollars. High-resolution modulators cost upwards of $1500, and thus are used primarily in commercial facilities. The purpose is to distribute video and audio to multiple locations within a facility or home simultaneously. Timeshifting defeats the purpose as it does not allow for simultaneous viewing.

MediaPortal is a great solution for receiving and allowing selection of multiple video sources. I'm told that Hauppauge's Win7 allows for toggling on and off timeshifting (live Recording); however that defeats the purpose of having a comprehensive media center.

Does anyone know how to accomplish turning on and off the "timeshifting" feature on MediaPortal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom