Operating System Can Mediaportal run on windows 7 embedded COMPACT? (1 Viewer)

fabgiaco

August 28, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
since that MP can run on windows 7 embedded standard, we would like to use the smaller footprinted win emb 7 compact: does anyone know if MP can run on it? tks fg

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's a not supported configuration. And the footprint isn't smaller anyway....

The embedded flavour is just designed for people who create some kind of machine with fixed hardware and only running fixed software. Think any kind of POS terminal (e.g. ticket machines at a train station). It also brings additional support for software upgrade and other stuff. In the end you just run one app in kiosk more with specific hardware that isn't available on a comsumer level (read: built by you for this special purpose only).

It has no advantage whats so ever for a HTPC. Win7 always have the same footprint. It just bringt additional stuff help you managed an embedded product. And other stuff is not included as not needed. It largely difference in licensing. It's cheaper compare to a full Win7.

Win7 Embedded Compact = For Apps written in Silverlight. MP will not run on Compact like 90%+ of all Desktop software.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom