ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want support please understand, consider and follow this:
    • We offer a free product based on open source code. Nobody here is paid and is offering 100% free time besides family and work
    • People help only, if they want, so the tone and attitude is very important
    • There is no phone support or something. Nobody will pay something to call you and nobody will offer a private phone number, so you can call. We are not a company with a hotline
    • People will not schedule their life according to your schedule. There are also time differences, that need to be considered.
    • You need to read the statements carefully. At least half of the comments and requests were ignored by you or only considered after repeating several times
    • If one person is shortly not avaialble you try to catch another person. Be patient and once go through the steps with one person. Currently a lot of solution ways were started and stopped in the middle. This is wasting people's time and makes the topic very complicated for you and us

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry I am not being myself, my other half left me for now and I am starting to feel lonely and my mom is being difficult with me and she don't understand my life just wanted to keep myself busy with this kind of stuff because this is challenging and I enjoy it but as you saw it was getting to me. So yes I do understand your responsibilities, so when you helped me I really am still so grateful(wizard123). Ge2301 who said anything about anyone with Media Portal support to schedule their time around mine. I was just impatiently asking for help at that time if anyone could, just as it it was obvious so this is the only thing I am guilty of as well as not being my normal happy self with a strong sense of honor and assuming that most of you were single like me with jobs. As for asking for phone support I did do that and after the second or third time of the Media Portal team answering that I get it. But wizard123 & breese were the only ones that decided to help me and they offer to do a remote session on my server and I was very happy and satisfied with this. But anyway thank you the creators of Media Portal to give people like me the joy of having a media center on our Windows 10 PC that revised to devolutionize our PCs back to Windows 7 or Windows 8 & 8.1 I have an important update once again because of wizard123' willingness and efforts through the main part of setting up my TV channels with Spectrum and after days of having my card validated while still not being able to watch live TV, out of nowhere my channels just started coming through(only the local TV channels) as far as the extended basics like AMC MTV & Destination America I cannot receive them. Apparently because of Spectrum using Switch Play Video so that they can free up the bandwidth for other services my cable card is not entitled to decrypt AMC and the other extended basic cable channels because of information being entered incorrectly back at Spectrum.

Attachments

• Media Portal 2.1 Live TV.PNG
      Media Portal 2.1 Live TV.PNG
      3.9 MB

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I can't access the Live TV in Media Portal 2.1 and the Recordings Tab is missing and I can't access TV Configurations, someone please help?? The only thing that I changed was I renamed my PC/TV Server and I am always getting Windows 10 updates.

Attachments

• Cant Acess LiveTV & Recordings Tab Missing.PNG
      Cant Acess LiveTV & Recordings Tab Missing.PNG
      2.3 MB
    • Cant Access TV Configuration.PNG
      Cant Access TV Configuration.PNG
      3.1 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't access the Live TV in Media Portal 2.1 and the Recordings Tab is missing and I can't access TV Configurations, someone please help?? The only thing that I changed was I renamed my PC/TV Server and I am always getting Windows 10 updates.
    The renaming is most probably the issue: the TV engine remembers the server name (or its IP) and refuses to start up after changes. You will see errors in Server.log and MP2-Server is ended (that's why you see no "recordings" tile).

You have two choices:
    • Delete the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db". Then start the MP2-Server from tray tool again. This creates a new TV database, but you have to do all configuration again! (channel scan etc.)
    • Use a SQLite database editor tool (like "SQLiteExpert Personal", free), open the "Servers" table and change the entry to new IP address. This way you keep the other configuration like channels.
    upload_2017-6-13_20-30-52.png

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I just need someone to show me how to do what Morpheus said and I don't want to do another channel scan. I want to keep my same configuration. I am still learning what Wizard123 did for me he is the one that setup my LiveTV. I just need someone to show me how to do this. I swear to the Great Creator I will never rename my PC again because I didn't want this to happen?

Team Viewer
    Your ID:453 718 054

Password:3634

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I don't understand what is going on here, these channels were mapped to the tuner cards and now they are not??

Attachments

• Channels Not Mapped To Card.PNG
      Channels Not Mapped To Card.PNG
      443.3 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HTPCSourcer could you create a jira ticket please?
    "Auto fixup TVE server IP address on service startup"
    We should add a logic to fix a changed IP address before the TV engine starts up and leads to stopping of MP2-Service.

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    Are you still available to do a remote session with me because I really do need help with this?? Or could someone help me with this??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom