Cannot Access Live TV (2 Viewers)

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
April 28, 2017
McKinney,TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi wizard123 I am back home now and I see what you did for me and it is a big start. But I am still not able to watch tv yet. So could you please take another look at my TV Server and give me your input so that I can figure out what to do next? My cable card has been validtaed by the way.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi wizard123 I am back home now and I see what you did for me and it is a big start. But I am still not able to watch tv yet. So could you please take another look at my TV Server and give me your input so that I can figure out what to do next? My cable card has been validtaed by the way.
    Best to select a channel in tvserver and choose preview then take a set of logs and post then up here as i am away from computer currently.

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I have tested the channels and can't get any it looks like maybe poor signal but I am not sure so I have provided my logs here as well as a screen shot.

Attachments

• Media Portal 2 TV SetUp.PNG
      Media Portal 2 TV SetUp.PNG
      1.5 MB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    The screen shot shows ur card is sill not active because of the incorrect setup from cable company, you can't move forward until that is fixed so you will need to wait until your engineer has been.

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I need to wait untill my engineer has been........ what wizard123??? What dose my logs say because sometimes the Ceton Diagnosis tool is saying signal may be poor??

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I need to show you something important, please take a look at these 2 links I have provided. I think I am gonna need a tuning adapter for my Ceton InfiniTv 4 PCIE to watch live tv through Media Portal 2.1 Can you verify this?

CableCARD™ Customer Support | Spectrum

Watch this video beginning at 8:30 because this video is 18 minutes and 06 seconds long.

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    Can someone help me and the Spectrum cabe tech guy today, please today he will be here between 3:00AM to 4:00PM,(CENTRAL STANDARD TIME) . I need to resolve the fact that I can't get live TV in Media Portal 2.1 due to the most recent evidence I have posted next to this reply?

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    CAN ANYBODY ELSE F++KING SEE MY MESSAGES HERE I NEED HELP SOMEONE ELSE WAS NICE ENOUGH TO PUSH OFF TO A GOOD START. BUT i AM SUBMITTING INFO HERE TO WHAT MY ISSUES IS AND I AM TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT. BUT I CAN'T DO IT ALONE.

Attachments

• CetonInfiniTVDiagnostic_TOSHIBANMEDIAPC_20170611_15-49.zip
      540.4 KB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    1st People have their own lives to live and seen as it was the weekend it's not unreasonable to think those people may be busy with personal/family stuff.
    2nd If you continue to shout and swear in the forums you will find yourself without help and banned from the forums completely.
    3rd If you read my last message it clearly stated you can not progress until your card is active and working ( which it clearly was not going by the screenshot you posted yourself ) If the Ceton diag tool is telling you it cannot decrypt channels because info has not been entered correctly at the cable company end why do you think MP2 would be any different !?

If you wish for more help i suggest you calm down and post in a manor in which you would want to be spoken to once step 10 in the diag tool succeeds, we can not help you with your hardware only with MP2 software itself.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah running panther, pull ya head in. I have had great success getting responses from my questions, just by being polite and being patient. If a response doesn't come I a reasonable timeframe say a couple of days you could always bump the thread just in case people have missed it.

But you have come on here at the start with attitude and now shouting and swearing, it's not like it's life and death it's only tv. People are less likely to help someone acting like this, than someone who is calmer and more pleasing to to deal with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom