Cannot Access Live TV (1 Viewer)

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
April 28, 2017
McKinney,TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
HTPCSourcer my Live TV is back thanks to you by the Great Creator I am so grateful to you. I am even getting some of the channels that I would normally have to get my cable card validated to get. I am also very thankful to Wizard123 for even being the first to setup my Live TV because this Media Portal 2.1 is so hard for me. With the Windows Media Center , it's just a few simple steps to setup your Live TV you don't have to intimately set it up. But I am ok with this, thank the Great Creator for people like you that give us the option to have a Media Center in Windows 10 because people like me do not want devolutionize our PCs back to Windows 8 , 8.1 and Windows 7. Because I find Windows 10 such user friendly and I also want to thank Morpheus_XX for responding to me and looking at my PC and trying to fix my issue and then giving me his input on what to do, even though I only understood half of it. I am just upset because the first time Wizard123 setup my Live TV I had to goto dialysis and I didn't get watch him so that I could learn to this on my own. I go to dialysis on Mondays , Wednesdays & Fridays and when HTPCSourcer(thank for the detailed text you gave me of the work you did)gave me a big helping, again I didn't get to watch him because I had to goto dialysis. This is what is truly making me upset and angry and I am not saying this is any fault of you all. I'd rather have you guys temporarily change some setting on my PC to make it easier for you guys to work on the issues I was having and get my Live TV working again. But I swear to the Great Creator what I wouldn't give to watch you guys work on my PC so that I can learn because the Wiki doesn't give the extra details on the errors I was getting from my Media Portal 2. Now I do realize that I guess I can maybe contribute to it by giving my experience as to why the Live TV wasn't working for me?? Another thanks to Wizard123 for putting me in check, I was so frustrated and upset because what I am personally going through and me not understanding how Live TV working in Media Portal. I do some moderate building of computers I can trouble shoot them for intermediate issues and fix them and install hardware along with programs of any kind but this is truly a challenge for me.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problem. Whenever you experience problems, just ask and somebody will assist you.

What you would like to understand is actually relatively simple - and most of it is explained in the Wiki, although the TV server part is mainly covered under MP1.

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    Here are the logs and screen shot also I noticed up the left hand corner of the TV CHANNEL TAB it said TV Server not responding the first time I tried to preview a local TV channel?

Attachments

• Uknown Error.PNG
      Uknown Error.PNG
      529.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The cable card setup shows your subscription to be inactive: a validation signal is required for the card to work. This had nothing to do with MediaPortal.

Do you have any other possibility to test if the card is properly working, e.g. with a TV tool that was provided with the card?

In such cases you should also restart the MP2 Server service from Windows/Services or even the whole PC, if it is the card itself that requires a complete reset.

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    Sorry about that and I missed you I am sorry I feel asleep. When I try to preview a channel it saying that my channels are not mapped?? I don't get this?

Attachments

• Channels not mapped.PNG
      Channels not mapped.PNG
      579.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry about that and I missed you I am sorry I feel asleep.
    Well, it's quite late, isn't it?

In such cases you should also restart the MP2 Server service from Windows/Services
    I connected to your machine and restarted the server. To my surprise Restart is not really working - you need to first Stop the service and then Start it to fully reset the MP2 Server service.

Did you try TV in the last minutes?

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    I stop the MP2 services and then I restarted it and that fixed the Mapped channles issue ,but now it is saying All Cards Busy??

Attachments

• All Cards Busy.PNG
      All Cards Busy.PNG
      407.5 KB

RunningPanther

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2017
    McKinney,TX
    Home Country
    Restarting the PC did fix the all cards busy issue, but now it is back to saying can't preview channel due to unknown issue??

Attachments

• Unknown Error.PNG
      Unknown Error.PNG
      530 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom