can't see files in ftp folder (1 Viewer)

coax

Portal Member
February 23, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
hi

i have added an ftp folder in video in mediaportal config. but when i access it in mediaportl i cant see anyfiles. the ftp section is also marked red in videos. can you help me with that?

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This would make me think the folder is unavailable being red, Are you sure you have "This is a remote FTP folder" checked and all the proper settings including username and password are correct?

coax

Portal Member
    February 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yes i have, and i can access it from a browser or a ftp program

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    2011-11-21 12:36:39.575467 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: FTPConnection: Unable to connect to ftp://io:22921 reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ip:21

Seems like your ftpserver is not responding on port 21.

coax

Portal Member
    February 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My ftp server is not on port 21 but 22921. And i have chancen that in config. But can you see that it's trying to connect to port 21?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

coax

Portal Member
    February 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    so have i understand this right , that i can't change the port. even if i set a port in config?

or is it possible to change it in a config file?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Correct and no :(

We should have a mod to move this thread into Bugreports - MediaPortal Forum

Sebastiii: has been kind to move it. THX!

-------------------------------------------------------------

So the problem is that port 21 is choosing despite you choose a different port in mediaportal configuration. Nowadays its quite insecure to run ftp at port 21, so it would be nice to choose something higher.

How to reproduce:

Set TCP/iP port to 22921 here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/06_Folders

Correct value is written in mediaportal.xml <entry name="shareport16">22921</entry>

Connect to folder in Mediaportal gui and see that it fails. So something goes wrong in connecting to the folder

logs here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tp-folder-mediaportallogs_21_11_11__12_36.zip

2011-11-21 12:36:39.575467 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: FTPConnection: Unable to connect to ftp://io:22921 reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ip:21

Something here does not match up.

My idea is that i could be hardcoded somewhere, perhaps here:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...tal/Configuration/Sections/BaseShares.cs#L701
    or here
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...tal/Configuration/Sections/BaseShares.cs#L701

when you try to connect to share.

Users who are viewing this thread