Capture Card (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't know of any way other than SD or roll-your-own for completely automating the channel creation.
    You could speed it up a little:
    1. Create 1 channel manually.
    2. Test that it works.
    3. Export your channel in "import/export".
    4. Copy + paste + rename (XML files can be edited in any text editor).
    5. Re-import.
    6. Link channels to capture device.

That is probably going to be the fastest option - faster than creating all channels manually in TV Server configuration anyway.

Don't know about guide data.

3dgreek

Portal Member
    October 11, 2012
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well, I managed to map everything, got the blaster working but any channel changes on the capture card simply crashes TV Server and the client trying to view the channel- XBMC or Media Portal meaning a manual restart of tv server to get it working again :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I managed to map everything, got the blaster working but any channel changes on the capture card simply crashes TV Server and the client trying to view the channel- XBMC or Media Portal meaning a manual restart of tv server to get it working again :(
    If you want me to help, could you please post log files from the TV Server (same instructions as before) so that I have the technical information necessary to identify the problem.
    Also, if you're using IRSS it would help if you could grab those logs too. I'm not sure how to do that so I can't give specific instructions. If you can't work it out don't worry too much at this stage - TV Server logs will be a good starting point.

Cheers. :)

3dgreek

Portal Member
    October 11, 2012
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Home Country
    Where's the damn logs and post gone?

Grrrrrr

TV server logs attached again. It does it without any blaster input- when I was previewing the channel testing it- it would preview the channel first no probs then if I tried to preview it again it would give the no audio or video error

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

No audio/video could be an encoder issue. This would not be considered unusual.
    I note that the bitrate set for the Intervideo encoder (when you tested that) was 80 Mbps. That is extreme. You might try knocking that down.
    Encoders can fail when the target is too high. Not that they can't deliver it - they just can't do it in real time.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/02_TV_Servers/7_Scan_Analog#Quality_Control

Min quality for that encoder is ~600 kbps; reported max is 80 Mbps (but it won't be able to do that reliably in real time).
    I'd suggest going for 20% quality (~15 Mbps) or lower.

As far as crashes go: there are are many *many* errors in your log files.
    There are also some exceptions from the XBMC integration:
    2012-10-14 11:13:25.811663 [(27)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
    at TVServerXBMC.ConnectionHandler.HandleConnection()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I can't help with that.

mm

3dgreek

Portal Member
    October 11, 2012
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Home Country
    worked for about 10 minutes then went back to doing what it was doing. It also stops and crashes tv server after about 45-60secs of playing. Tested in the media portal frontend, aMPDroid and XBMC, all do the same :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It would really *really* help if you could specify more precise step-by-step descriptions of what you're seeing with times.
    There are a multitude of errors in your log files which makes it difficult to see exactly what is causing the biggest problems for you.
    Many of those errors (eg. TV blaster, XBMC integration) are not things I am able to help you with.

I note that in these logs, the latest analog channel that you tuned is now using the analog tuner instead of external inputs (SCART, s-video etc.). This happens in several other instances too. Is that intentional?

Last edited:

3dgreek

Portal Member
    October 11, 2012
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Home Country
    The channels are set to use CVBS#1 in the channel setup and mapped to the capture card as the wiki says to. I have audio set to automatic since none of the settings seem to pick up the audio feed bar automatic. Is that the right way of doing it? I also have the settings in intervideo set right down to 10%.

Basically-

1) Choose the channel and press preview
    2) the IR blaster changes the STB correctly
    3) preview box shows and after 5 secs or so the channel displays perfectly then 4) or 5)
    4) after 45-60 secs the feed just stops, forcing me to manually stop and start the server or sometimes it will crash TV server (and sometimes the PC)
    or 5) After checking the preview in 3) for a few secs I close the window and try another capture card channel- blaster changes correctly again but then a no audio or video error appears. If I stop and start the server it displays again.

All this is from TV server without using any front end.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The channels are set to use CVBS#1 in the channel setup and mapped to the capture card as the wiki says to. I have audio set to automatic since none of the settings seem to pick up the audio feed bar automatic. Is that the right way of doing it?
    That is fine... except it is not what I'm seeing in your logs.
    2012-10-16 11:08:04.109358 [(40)]: card: user: MediaServer:5:-1 tune tv: Freq:0 Channel:4 Country:The Netherlands Tuner:Cable Video:Tuner Audio:Tuner

I also have the settings in intervideo set right down to 10%.
    Yeah, that is translating to about 8.5 Mbps, which is still relatively high for a software encoder. Personally I would go right right down to around 1 or 2 Mbps even, as this could still be causing a problem. I'd suggest it is better to be on the safe side and rule this out as a cause of the issues and crashing.

1) Choose the channel and press preview
    2) the IR blaster changes the STB correctly
    3) preview box shows and after 5 secs or so the channel displays perfectly then 4) or 5)
    4) after 45-60 secs the feed just stops, forcing me to manually stop and start the server or sometimes it will crash TV server (and sometimes the PC)
    or 5) After checking the preview in 3) for a few secs I close the window and try another capture card channel- blaster changes correctly again but then a no audio or video error appears. If I stop and start the server it displays again.

All this is from TV server without using any front end.
    Here is a log section from what I'm guessing is that sequence:
    [collapse]2012-10-16 00:43:13.286573 [(18)]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15.000858 seconds
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.287573 [(18)]: card AVerMedia BDA Analog Tuner: StopTimeShifting user:XBMCpvrclient1 sub:0
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.290573 [(18)]: card: StopTimeShifting user:XBMCpvrclient1 sub:0
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.290573 [(18)]: card not IDLE - removing user: XBMCpvrclient1
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.291573 [(18)]: user:XBMCpvrclient1 remove
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.291573 [(18)]: analog: StopTimeShifting()
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.294574 [(18)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 1 subch#0 keep graph=False
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.295574 [(18)]: analog subch:0 Decompose()
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.297574 [(18)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel : no subchannels present, pausing graph
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.297574 [(18)]: tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.914609 [(18)]: analog: PauseGraph state:Running
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.915609 [(18)]: analog: Graph paused
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.916609 [(18)]: tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.917609 [(18)]: analog: PauseGraph state:paused
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.917609 [(18)]: user:XBMCpvrclient1 remove
    2012-10-16 00:43:13.918609 [TS_File_Cleanup(20)]: card: delete timeshift files E:\Time Shift\live5-0.ts
    2012-10-16 00:43:14.020615 [(18)]: TVServerXBMC: Failed. TvResult = NoVideoAudioDetected
    2012-10-16 00:43:14.021615 [(18)]: TVServerXBMC: StartTimeShifting took 18658 ms
    2012-10-16 00:43:14.021615 [(18)]: TVServerXBMC: PlayChannel 109 => URL=[ERROR]: TVServer answer: NoVideoAudioDetected|3
    2012-10-16 00:43:20.835005 [(18)]: TVServerXBMC: Exception while processing connection: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
    at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
    at TVServerXBMC.ConnectionHandler.ProcessConnection(StreamReader reader)[/collapse]

As you can see, the crash at the end is related to whatever XBMC has done to integrate support for TV Server. I can't help you with that.

The no-audio-video thing is almost certainly software encoder related. For me it is just a question of whether it is an issue with compatibility between the encoders and the tuner and/or multiplexers, or whether the encoder bitrate is still set too high for real time encoding.

[Edit: I note you're also using "pause mode". You might want to try "stop mode" - "when card enters idle state..."
    wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

Stop is generally more stable than pause.
    ]

Last edited:

3dgreek

Portal Member
    October 11, 2012
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Home Country
    Checking out everything again- tried changing the stream to 1% still did it, disabled XMBC plugin- still did it.

Eventually I managed to get it to select aux 1 as the audio feed for the channel and now it seems to be working stable although I need to test it for a few hours- damn, I'll have to watch TV for a few hours hehe

Went through a hissy fit of crashing again and now gone back to being stable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread