Change date format? (1 Viewer)

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Despite we learn DD/MM/YYYY here in switzerland too I always found this stupid !

YYYY/MM/DD is way more efficient to classify your files, etc.

Perhaps we should make a union of our countries and then you can change into our date format...
Everyone keeps mixing up Sweden and Switzerland anyway so it shouldn't matter ;)
And getting Swedish as a language shouldn't be much of a problem either, you guys have four languages already! :eek:

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Everyone keeps mixing up Sweden and Switzerland anyway so it shouldn't matter ;)
Mixing up Sweden & Switzerland? That hurts... Mixing up Austria & Australia - yes. But Sweden & Switzerland? What kind of people are this? :rolleyes:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Many thanks Luke_man! Or should it be Luke_The_Man?
    most ppl who are part of the community do not life in the USA. keep that in mind during waiting for topics that were claiming to change to d-m-y.

i say lets switch to ISO format YYYY-MM-DD which is unique and its impossible to mix up day and month.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    most ppl who are part of the community do not life in the USA. keep that in mind during waiting for topics that were claiming to change to d-m-y.

i say lets switch to ISO format YYYY-MM-DD which is unique and its impossible to mix up day and month.

I was hoping this was a profile change that could be made at the individual level and not a global change.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I was hoping this was a profile change that could be made at the individual level and not a global change.

I was looking for at an individual level as well. I went into the user CP but didn't see anything. Does it show up as mm/dd/yyyy for everyone now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I was installing/upgrading x64 over x86. These 2 problems did not occur when installing/upgrading x86 over x86. All is good. Now running 1.35 x86 with no problem. Thank you
    I was installing/upgrading x64 over x86. These 2 problems did not occur when installing/upgrading x86 over x86. All is good. Now...
    Good day, 2 problems after upgrading to 1.34 from 1.33: 1- To avoid error message TuningParameters not found when starting...
    Replies
    Views
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 And: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/4986-add-to-mypictures-plugin-ability-to-search-view-by-keyword.133895/post-1273275
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28...
    I would like one of the above IPTC metadata fields to display when viewing pictures in MP. I don't really care which, as I can...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Lost new wiki page DE
    Thanks! It's still there.
    Thanks! It's still there.
    A few months ago I started a new wiki page "SQL Server 2019" from a copy of SQL Server 2017 Express. Now I can't find it. Is there...
    Replies
    Views
    You can always use GitHub online But judging by the picture, you are doing well. Direct Push to Master is prohibited, create PR.
    You can always use GitHub online But judging by the picture, you are doing well. Direct Push to Master is prohibited, create PR.
    Hello, Because I was annoyed with closing MP, launch config, modify setting and start MP again, I decided to give MP the ability...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom