Change size of album cover display in MyMusic (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
Is there any way of making the album cover/animation larger? (the one that displays in the lower left corner of MyMusic)

TIA
Ian

Confusedpenguin

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
UK
Hi Ian,

Yes there is - which skin are you using?

Have a look in your skin directory, find musicOverlay.xml, then edit the height and width values in 'music rectangle' I think (though this is from memory, it should be either that or something very similar).

Cheers

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If this is correct, then it would be great if this info coul dbe added to the tips section on the online documentation wiki.

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Confusedpenguin said:
    Hi Ian,

Yes there is - which skin are you using?

Have a look in your skin directory, find musicOverlay.xml, then edit the height and width values in 'music rectangle' I think (though this is from memory, it should be either that or something very similar).

I'm using BlueTwo. I changed the settings for "music rectangle" but they only increased the size of the frame in which the cover art is displayed - the cover image stayed the same size.

Is there a reference guide to these settings anywhere??

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    I almost had it...and now a problem...after changing the settings for music rectangle and music logo I now find that I get no album art displayed at all, and worse - after selecting a track to play MediaCenter stops responding to any keyboard commands - I have to close it and start again. I tried re-instating my original copy of musicoverlay.xml but still have the same problem. Any idea how to resolve this?

Also, is there any way to suppress the animation in the album cover display - i.e. to just have the album cover displayed the whole time?

Confusedpenguin

Portal Member
    December 20, 2005
    UK
    If you're using 0.2 then there's a tick box in the config to deselect visualisations and just display the cover art.

Getting the config right for musicOverlay.xml takes a little time (it may not work the first time), but it can be done. The music rectangle (which is the part the visualisations use) does tend to get in the way and cause problems. I think when I did it before the option to switch off visualisations came in, I had to set the size to 1 and move the x/y coords off the screen so it didn't interfere.

Try turning off visualisations in the config, leave the music rectangle details as default, and then change the music logo.

If you still have issues, I can probably modify musicOverlay.xml as a reference and upload it.

pirlone

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    itm said:
    Also, is there any way to suppress the animation in the album cover display - i.e. to just have the album cover displayed the whole time?

just disable windows media player animations option in configuration.exe

rgs,
    pirlone

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Hmmm... the more I learn the more I want to learn...

Now I have the cover art pretty much as I want it, but I want to move the text which says "n songs n minutes" to the right. I thought this might be the "play time label" but it seems not. Where do I find this?

Is this stuff documented anywhere so that I don't need to keep hassling you guys with this?

Confusedpenguin

Portal Member
    December 20, 2005
    UK
    <description>album/artist/genre etc info label</description> should be the one you want.

If you want to add another line to display a separate piece of information, for example:

Artist
    Album
    Time

instead of
    Artist/Album/Time (scrolling text)

then you can copy and paste that control object, but replace the <label> tag with #Play.Current.Title or #Play.Current.Artist etc. (they're shown in the main label).

I'm not sure it's documented anywhere, as it's not really something that's designed to be fiddled with easily through the interface. Might be in the wiki though.

Users who are viewing this thread