Changing hard drive (1 Viewer)

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
Since I'm running low on my current hard drive I'm planning to replace it with a 2TB hard drive. My question is that will I have to import all the movies again or is it possible for the plugin to keep track of the drive change ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If the drive is a direct replacement, so it has the same address as original and the folders are identical in layout, then there should be no issue.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I replaced my drive from a 1TB to a 2TB, kept the same drive letter (E:) and now when I run MovingPictures it's attempting to re-load all the movie info :(

Is there an easy way to just update the MovingPictures SQLite DB3 file. Do I simply update the volume_serial field in the local_media table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you.
    Thank you.
    This is my first post here. Is it possible to watch my show from cloud storage and external hard drive?
    Replies
    Views
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
    I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just tried it now and that appears to be working. (Networks. I hate networks.) Thanks.
    Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just...
    I have an existing HTPC that I've been using for years. I'm replacing it with a new machine and I'm trying to get it configured...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom