Community MODs (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Please post all community MODs here please. Let's all see how far we can push this skin ;)

Best Regards

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Community MODs

Hello all.
    I've done a little hack today to get thumbs as backdrops in myvideo listview.

As I have lots of Clips, Dokus, Homevideos,... not covered by Moving Pictures or TVSeries I prefer to see what's the video is all about instead looking at "Independence Day" over and over again ;) So I modified the myvideo.xml to show thumbnails as backdrop. There are modifications on 2 .png files delivered with X-Factor to get this good looking. The "myvideo_bg_list_noinfo.png" I've made a bit transparent so we can see the backdrop through the list. "myvideo_bg_list.png" has more space left to look through. And a new folder inside Media\Animations is created named "videos" containing the default backdrop(s) to show up if no Thumbnail is available at all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

On Media Portal Settings -> General -> Thumbnails Quality Settings we should raise the Quality to maximum and create Thumbs with 3 columns and two rows.
    attachment.php

Maybe someone is interested in this so I attached the modified files to this post. Just copy the files over the existing ones and don't forget to backup the originals. Just in case....

P.s. the pictures in the new "videos" folder are shot by me. You can use them inside Media Portal and for all Mediaportal related things. But don't modify or sell them, please.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage-6.jpg
      Zwischenablage-6.jpg
      67 KB
    • Zwischenablage-1-thumb.jpg
      Zwischenablage-1-thumb.jpg
      61.7 KB
    • Zwischenablage-2-thumb.jpg
      Zwischenablage-2-thumb.jpg
      51.1 KB
    • Zwischenablage-3-thumb.jpg
      Zwischenablage-3-thumb.jpg