Conax cam, fireDTV and Canala Digital (1 Viewer)

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
whene i go in to the CI menu for Fire DTV and try to do som changes there i only get blank CI meny or an error.

But thats an problem I have to talk with digital Everyhwere aboute

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
I just talked to Conax an they said that the cam should manage to decrypt at least 3 or 4 channels. But it also depends on how moutch informatian the channel contains.

win_termute

March 28, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I think that the CI meny in the CI application for the fireDTV isn't working. I saw something about that somewhere on digital-everywhere.com. I think the solution was to install the bundled tv-app and change the CI setting from there.

A question to other owners of fireDTV then: What firmware version do you have? The latest beta from digital-everywhere is 1.26 and yet i have version 2.01 in my fireDTV...?

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    what do you mean with bundled tv app? they do not bundle a tv app ... :/

I would love to get into this menu or whatever, but I am considering bying a conax comaptible cam that support more pids and the configuration of these...

Salle

Portal Member
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    what do you mean with bundled tv app? they do not bundle a tv app ... :/

I would love to get into this menu or whatever, but I am considering bying a conax comaptible cam that support more pids and the configuration of these...

MyTheater and powerdvd was bundled when I bought floppydtv-c.

drullens

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2004
    Dongen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello, yes you are correct. I have a floppyydtv, conax cam and I had already a digital decoder from CD. So I just moved my card into the conax and it works fine.

I have not asked CD for a decoderless solution, but my decoder is an old model so I do not think I pay much for it. And I thougth, should my htpc go haywire for some reason it is nice to have the decoder as a backup solution.

The only thing I am now wondering about is the multi-channel decryption. I could not get it to decode more than one channel, I have heard that there are some third party CAMs that support conax and multichannel decryption. Don't know if there are some settings on the CAM that could be adjusted, I just changed the card driver CAM handling number like frodo described above, and that did not work. Somewhere I read about changing something in a CI menu, but the firedtv drivers CI menu does not mention such a thing, and the MyTheatre reports the CI slot as empty.

Hi, I have the exact same problem as Corvy. When I go into MyTheatre it reports the CI slot as empty. Has there been any developments on this? Anybody in this thread succeeded to get multiple channels working????

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Any news? I just ordered a floppyDTV-C to use with Canal Digital, and I'm interested in what you guys found out about the CAM's and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread