Conax cam, fireDTV and Canala Digital (1 Viewer)

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi

Do enyone from Norway have any expirience using Fire DTV and Canal digital on a multi seat system?

Thomas

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I use tvserver and floppydtv on Canal Digital (cable tv that is). Not quite sure about the multichannel decryption, have not found a way to turn it on, but other than that it works fine. I have not set up multiseat yet, but that should also work, but right now I use tvserver in single seat mode.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes it does, it is not without problems. I have had some reboots that I cannot tell why happens, and sometimes I get problems with no audio/video, this is supposed to be fixed soon though. Also, I have some channels with multiple audio streams and I cannot change. So .. it is still beta, but for me it now works so good that I chose tvserver over 0.2.2.0.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not quite sure about the multichannel decryption, have not found a way to turn it on, but other than that it works fine.

-Start setup
    -click in the treeview (left side) on the tvserver
    -you will see a list of all cards installed
    -select the correct card
    -press edit
    -dialog pops up asking the max# of channels the CAM can decrypt
    -fill in the max# of channels and press ok

Frodo

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    thnx frodo :) I will test this in exactly 3 hours ! :)

can you share more info on the audio change problems? I have some issues that I would love to discuss with you.

1. The available languages are english, norwegian and finish in that order on two channels. Swedish works, but when choosing any of the other three I get on one channel finish on all, and the other I get english (!) on all.
    2. One channel has the same four languages, but in mono streams. Problems with this is that the first stream is swedish and norwegian at the same time, or finish and danish on the other. You can use balance to listen to only one language .. strange ey? Thik it was Nickelodeon or something that did this.
    3. Lastly, Animal Planet and Eurosport 3 has no audio, even though Discovery works .. It is just quiet, and in the audio stream there is an mpeg3:eng listed. Dont know why it does not work, tried different decoders, mpa, ffdshow, ac3 etc, but same same.

Please advice if you want more info and if you want this another place.

Thanks for tvserver, it is really forming into greatness!

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, I am also from Norway and wants to use FireDTV with Canal Digital cable-TV. How did you accomplish this setup? As I undestand, you need FireDTV, a CI and a CAM (all which can be bought from any provider), in addition to a smart card from Canal Digital. I tried to call Canal Digital and asked if I could by only the card, but they did not understand much...

tomeliten4

Portal Member
    September 29, 2006
    Seljord
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have some issues that I would love to discuss with you.

1. The available languages are english, norwegian and finish in that order on two channels. Swedish works, but when choosing any of the other three I get on one channel finish on all, and the other I get english (!) on all.
    2. One channel has the same four languages, but in mono streams. Problems with this is that the first stream is swedish and norwegian at the same time, or finish and danish on the other. You can use balance to listen to only one language .. strange ey? Thik it was Nickelodeon or something that did this.
    3. Lastly, Animal Planet and Eurosport 3 has no audio, even though Discovery works .. It is just quiet, and in the audio stream there is an mpeg3:eng listed. Dont know why it does not work, tried different decoders, mpa, ffdshow, ac3 etc, but same same.

I also have exactly the same problems as you corvy!

What is the maximum numbers of channels the Conax CAM can decrypt? where do i find that information?

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello, yes you are correct. I have a floppyydtv, conax cam and I had already a digital decoder from CD. So I just moved my card into the conax and it works fine.

I have not asked CD for a decoderless solution, but my decoder is an old model so I do not think I pay much for it. And I thougth, should my htpc go haywire for some reason it is nice to have the decoder as a backup solution.

The only thing I am now wondering about is the multi-channel decryption. I could not get it to decode more than one channel, I have heard that there are some third party CAMs that support conax and multichannel decryption. Don't know if there are some settings on the CAM that could be adjusted, I just changed the card driver CAM handling number like frodo described above, and that did not work. Somewhere I read about changing something in a CI menu, but the firedtv drivers CI menu does not mention such a thing, and the MyTheatre reports the CI slot as empty.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I also have exactly the same problems as you corvy!

What is the maximum numbers of channels the Conax CAM can decrypt? where do i find that information?

Great news :)

It is nice to not be alone!

From my tests it only can decrypt one, but there is something about the CI menu that I haven't figured out yet. Se here:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/listofcams

Users who are viewing this thread