Controlling subtitles within MP (srt/sub/idx) (1 Viewer)

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Now the question in the 0.23 is solved the annoyng bug that when I open
    MP Setup Vobsub becomes duplicated in codec section and so the subs don't works?
    You mean vobsub becomes duplicated in Configuration->Movies Post Processing? No, this patch is not solving that, but I never had to add Vobsub to Movies Post Processing, it is always loading by himself. Are you using latest vobsub version 2.37? What happens if you don't add it to Movies Post Processing, you have no subs? With all kind of media, or with some specific extension?

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Yes this the bug I was talking :D

My Vobsub is 2.23 and mine load automatically too, but from MP I can't select
    the subs... the only way is to add vobsub to the filters chain but if I go on MP Setup
    to change something they duplicates :mad:

The problem is with avi with external srt file and ogm files with sub integrated... in this case they don't work with the trick too...

If I upgrade Mp I've really to uninstall the old version losing all my setting?

fanoI

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    see wiki, you may also ask in support forum.

but from MP I can't select the subs...
    you don't see subtitles at all or you cannot switch between different subtitles?

The problem is with avi with external srt file and ogm files with sub integrated... in this case they don't work with the trick too...
    So avi subs are never working, with or without adding vobsub to Movies Post Processing?

Anyway try new mediaportal version and let's see what happens.

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    see wiki, you may also ask in support forum.

It seems pretty simple... tonight I try it :D

but from MP I can't select the subs...
    you don't see subtitles at all or you cannot switch between different subtitles?

Without vobsub in the MP filters I see the vobsub icon in tray but I can't view subtitles at all :mad:

So avi subs are never working, with or without adding vobsub to Movies Post Processing?
    Indeed avi files works adding vobsub to Movies Post Processing... ogm with haaly media splitter installed doesn't work... again
    I see the vobsub & haaly icon in the tray and I can select subs clicking on it but not from MP...

Anyway try new MP version and let's see what happens.

Thanks for the help... I think this the only solution :D

fanoI

wizard84

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2005
    try this and all will work

i've solved all my problems.
    i had to format my htpc, i have installed windows xp,mediaportal 0.2.3 with the new core.dll, ffdshow (latest versione from freecodecs), vobsub filter, haali media splitter with the compatibily for avi.
    after that i have to set vobsub to always load the sub, i have to double-click it in post-processing but i have to deselect,because if i had it selected, subs didn't work
    after that, i have configured haali media splitter to load vs filter, and the ffdshow video filter to load the subs,because i had a problem with srt subs and xvid videos....now all works!!!!

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    As I had promised I upgraded my MP installation (with the new core.dll)
    this the results:

1) No more needed to add vobsub to the filter chain :D
    2) The sub key now works as expected... it cycles in the subs and if there is only
    one it does off-sub1-off :D (before it was off-sub1 and the key stop to
    function!!!)
    3) Some problems with ogm files with embedded subs now I can control them with the remote but the firs sub track is always showed at default (I think it must start with no subs seletcted) but I can cycle with my remote and disable it.... but with avi files the subs are hided at default...

I've tried to mucking with haali setting:
    - Compatibility: AutoLoad VsFilter OFF ---> No subs anymore
    - Languages: Audio & Subtitles languages: OFF (means subs off as the toolpis says) ---> No effect!
    - Changing vsfilter setting to hide subs ---> works... for this file only but after stop
    & play they are ON!!!
    - - Compatibility: AutoLoad VsFilter OFF & VsFilter to always start: impossible happens MP view the subs track and cycles on them... but no sub is showed :mad:
    - Disabling "Show Subtitles" on MP Setup ---> No Effect :confused:

Silly this a MP problem... on Windows Mediaplayer the sub are off (hided) without
    strange settings, too :D

Thanks for the help,
    fanoI

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Hi
    1) No more needed to add vobsub to the filter chain
    2) The sub key now works as expected...
    Good :D
    Regarding 3) indeed "Show Subtitles" on MP Setup has no effect, I will try to fix it and post it here.

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    No need to use core.dll any more, the patch already in SVN, just use the latest version.

nestochi

Portal Member
    May 18, 2007
    Home Country
    something similar happens here.

with svn 16/07 i can see and control external srt subtitles for all my avi files.
    but if i play a mkv with external subtitles, thet're not shown.
    in windows media player subtitles are shown just fine.
    regards.

EDIT:
    more info: if i activate AVI support in Haali , the subtitles are not shown.
    as wizard84 suggested, i added vobsub to post-processing filters and now everthing is working fine for
    every kind of file.
    it seems that if haali splitter is active, the vobsub has to be added to p.p. filters.
    if haali splitter is not active, subtitles work fine even if vobsub is not added to p.p. filters.

:D to everybody

Users who are viewing this thread