Corrupt EPG after addition of Freeview HD (3 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have also just started testing. EPG grab in progress, although I can't see why it would not work.

If this works for Branksome, at least we then know where the problem is.

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Yes - and we really need all this to work for users like Branksome with both Freesat & Freeview, because without the 3717 mod we have the original problem with the 'corrupt' FreeviewHD EPG data overwriting the Freesat EPG data for merged channels.

Tony

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Yes - and we really need all this to work for users like Branksome with both Freesat & Freeview, because without the 3717 mod we have the original problem with the 'corrupt' FreeviewHD EPG data overwriting the Freesat EPG data for merged channels.

Tony

Good point. I hadn't really appreciated that.

I think there is a high chance that this will work perfectly for Branksome. The code seems like the obvious combination, even though DJBlu's version meets all specifications and should work fine.

I still can't help wondering with his if the data isn't being decoded twice - although there is no reason to suspect this from the code.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The code seems like the obvious combination, even though DJBlu's version meets all specifications and should work fine.
    Mark

I agree, but we need to move this on somehow and it seemed the obvious thing to try.

Definitely. I actually thought about the approach but didn't know enough to work out how to do it. We just need testing.

Mark

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    With enormous relief I can confirm that after installing the latest fix all appears to be well (in spite of the fix being dated 1st April)

I will leave in place and should any anomolies occur of course I will report back. I am still only grabbing the EPG from the satellite (freesat and radio caroline).

Thanks to everyone's efforts. It has been stressful for me and no doubt for others as well

Tom

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    With enormous relief I can confirm that after installing the latest fix all appears to be well (in spite of the fix being dated 1st April)

I will leave in place and should any anomolies occur of course I will report back. I am still only grabbing the EPG from the satellite (freesat and radio caroline).

Thanks to everyone's efforts. It has been stressful for me and no doubt for others as well

Tom

OK - thanks for the the feedback :cool:

If you could try it with EPG grabbing from both Freesat and Freeview (i.e. your original configuration) that would be really useful :)

Tony

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Thanks for this. It is clear that either the network ID for freesat is not being passed correctly, or is not the value in the specification. It may be worth adding some logging at some point to clarify this issue.

Please post back over the next couple of days even if it is all still working (I am confident it will be) so that we know.

Thanks,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom