Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here is my working, manually corrected transponder list for DD Max S8
    Okay, this gives me a partial answer.

For Vista and newer we can do:
    DVB-S QPSK = BDA_MOD_QPSK (20)
    DVB-S2 QPSK = BDA_MOD_NBC_QPSK (31)
    DVB-S2 8 PSK = BDA_MOD_NBC_8PSK (32)

...but how about for XP? Please ask them about that.

Note: our transponder files are supplied by FastSatFinder. We don't update them. Rather, to fix this problem we'd have to make a code change to translate our normal modulation values to the working ones for your tuner.

Cumpy Rules

Portal Member
    September 1, 2007
    Hi there,

For Vista and newer we can do:
    DVB-S QPSK = BDA_MOD_QPSK (20)

Thats correct, the card / driver will accept the MODs:

20: DVB-S QPSK
    31: DVB-S2 QPSK
    32: DVB-S2 8PSK

and also:

23: 8VSB
    29: 16APSK
    30: 32APSK

For:

it is indifferent whether it is a QPSK or 8PSK transponder, both will works, this will the card detect automatically.

...but how about for XP? Please ask them about that.

The driver accepts also the MODs
    -1: NOT_SET
    0: NOT_DEFINED

With this both MODs the card will use the settings for each tuner from DD Control Center (Configuration Tool). Here you can set whether the card should works in DVB-S or DVB-S2 mode. For XP you must set in DD Control Center for all 8 Tuners the method DVB-S2 and use for scanning in MP for DVB-S2 modulated transponders the Setting "Not Set", for DVB-S/QPSK use the standard "QPSK" settings.

The problem for no founded channels during a scan is, that in the xml file are not all modulations are defined. But that was already clarified in previous posts.

Greetz CR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the full and clear response. :)

Do the above details apply for all Digital Devices DVB-S/S2 tuners, or just the Max S8?
    In the past our normal mapping:
    1. DVB-S QPSK = BDA_MOD_NOT_SET (-1)
    2. DVB-S2 QPSK = BDA_MOD_QPSK (20)
    3. DVB-S2 8 PSK = BDA_MOD_8PSK (27)
    ...has worked for Cine and DuoFlex S2 tuners. Has their behaviour also changed with the latest driver?

Cumpy Rules

Portal Member
    September 1, 2007
    Hi,

no, these settings are only required for the MaxS8 card. All other cards like Cine S2 and DuoFlex S2 detect the modulation automatically. Here the Settings from the past will work.

Greetz CR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you once again @Cumpy Rules :)

One last question: just in case, is it possible to distinguish between a Cine S2, DuoFlex S2 and Max S8 using part of the device path? (example device path: @device:pnp:\\?\dd_dvb#ven_dd01&dev_0007&subsys_0023dd01&rev_00&tuner#5&2e594c42&0&2#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{8b884e15-fbca-11de-b16f-000000004d56})

Best regards,
    mm

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Over the weekend I've installed a Max S8 and an Irdeto SatCR LNB (DLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP) and I have the same issue with no channels found when scanning 0.8W. I've tried single transponders, full scan and to search for a transponder list but with no luck. I've also tried to modify the transponder file but it made no difference (this could of course be because I didn't do it correctly). I'v also tried adding channels directly but to no avail. Both DD-TV and DVBViewer works just fine and immediately find and tune channels. I really don't know what else to try.

In DD Control Center 'Ignore NIT in WMC' is disabled, all 8 tuners are set to DVB-S2 and each tuner is mapped to the 'same' channel number (tuner 1 - slot 1, 2-2, ...).

Attached are the modified transponder file and screenshots and logs from trying to scan 11261MHz in both DD-TV and MP. What I notice in the Tunerlog is that the signal seems to be consistently lower when MP is scanning and that the LNBSource is different.

//W

Attachments

• dd-tv_scan_11261.png
      dd-tv_scan_11261.png
      17.7 KB
    • MP_scan_11261.png
      MP_scan_11261.png
      39.3 KB
    • 0.8°W Thor 5,6,7, Intelsat 10-02.xml
      33 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Wbunaarf

I'm looking at your log files and info now. Expect a response in the next half hour or so... :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, so your setup is reasonably complex. :)

I think this part might be the problem:
    In DD Control Center... all 8 tuners are set to DVB-S2...

Since you're using Windows 7 or newer, it should be possible to achieve successful tuning with transponder file modifications only:
    • replace "ModQpsk" with "ModNbcQpsk"
    • replace "Mod8Psk" with "ModNbc8Psk"
    • replace "ModNotSet" with "ModQpsk"
    Attached is a transponder file with the required modifications. Please try it and let me know if it works.

Attachments

• 0.8°W Thor 5,6,7, Intelsat 10-02.xml
      33.1 KB

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmmm, so your setup is reasonably complex. :)

One goal actually was to try and simplify it by removing one card, one cable and dropping firewire... :)

Without changing anything else, I stopped TVE, replaced the transponder file and this time did a full scan. Unfortunately no channels were found. I then shut down TVE, started dd-tv and did a full scan there which resulted in 877 programs found.

//W

Attachments

• tvserver_full_scan.zip
      37.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread