DD Max S8 tuning Problems (1 Viewer)

dd_user918

Portal Member
June 5, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
new user here and wrong subforum, but with the same problem.
I have a DD Max S8 card and can't get it to scan anything.
In the same PC is a DD CineS2 V6.5 working flawlessly (okay not with unicable yet).

My only and biggest problem is: I'm using MP2 and there is not a corresponding satelite xml which i can addapt.
Yeah i know, no Log files yet ( I have some, but there is a whole lot of experiments visible which may not help)
Some one asked if the device details allow to see that it is a MaxS8. I will look them up and answer here.

Edit:
added a Screenshot of the deviceids.
Blue marked are CineS2 and red are the maxS8

Attachments

• Deviceid.PNG
    Deviceid.PNG
    44.7 KB
Last edited:

slux

Portal Member
September 2, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmmm, so your setup is reasonably complex. :)

I think this part might be the problem:

Since you're using Windows 7 or newer, it should be possible to achieve successful tuning with transponder file modifications only:
  • replace "ModQpsk" with "ModNbcQpsk"
  • replace "Mod8Psk" with "ModNbc8Psk"
  • replace "ModNotSet" with "ModQpsk"
Attached is a transponder file with the required modifications. Please try it and let me know if it works.

Hi All,

I have been having exactly the same issue with my Mas S8 card - the above fixes it but I was wandering if there was ever goig to be a permanent fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
Replies
Views
??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
Replies
Views
restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
Replies
Views
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
Replies
Views
:(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be. TV Server scans only those frequencies that are defined in the tuning-parameters file for the satellite that you are scanning, so it is possible that the missing channels have moved to a new frequency that is not contained in the...
:(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be. TV Server scans only those...
After many years of successful usage of MediaPortal, we were forced to upgrade the htpc (it's now more than 10 years old). I needed...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom