DD Max S8 tuning Problems (2 Viewers)

BPOH_Voodoo

Portal Pro
May 27, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you for your assistance. I allready opened a ticket at DD, but i think they will be telling me that it is a mediaportal Problem, as their Software DD-TV, which is based on DVBVIEWER is working fine.
Could it be a graph problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you for your assistance. I allready opened a ticket at DD, but i think they will be telling me that it is a mediaportal Problem, as their Software DD-TV, which is based on DVBVIEWER is working fine.
    Ahhh, so it is DD-TV and not DVBViewer standard? That can make a difference.
    Of course DD-TV is expected to work with DD tuners... but we can work together to make MP work as well.

Could it be a graph problem?
    It could be anything. There are no obvious errors.
    The only other things I could suggest (related to graph issues) are to try:
    • preferred network provider "DVBS"
    • when card enters idle state stop instead of pause
    Those are in the tuner settings.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any update from DD?
    I can try to contact their support team directly, but I don't want to do that unless they are not helping you with your ticket.

BPOH_Voodoo

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is the result of the Investigation:
    It seems to be a problem with the 19.2°E Astra 1KR,1L,1M,1N.xml.
    As DD told me this tuner card Needs modulation to be set correctly.
    It seems that this card is not able to autodetect Moduluation, etc.

BPOH_Voodoo

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No I updated the mysql database tables manually.
    Is Looks like TVServer is using Modulation type 27 instead of the correct 32

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please ask DD what modulation values should be set for:
    1. DVB-S QPSK
    2. DVB-S2 QPSK
    3. DVB-S2 8 PSK
    Please also be sure to ask which values should be used for Windows XP, which does not support BDA_MOD_NBC_QPSK (31) and BDA_MOD_NBC_8PSK (32).

For the record, TV Server currently uses these defaults:
    1. DVB-S QPSK = BDA_MOD_NOT_SET (-1)
    2. DVB-S2 QPSK = BDA_MOD_QPSK (20)
    3. DVB-S2 8 PSK = BDA_MOD_8PSK (27)
    Vendors can have different values if necessary to make their cards work. However, the default values have been used without problem for all other DD hardware for years, so I don't understand why there is suddenly a problem for this new card. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread