DD Max S8 tuning Problems (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update.

First, I would like to clarify a few things...

I do not and have never owned or even used a DD MAX 8 myself.
    All the information I have about the MAX 8 comes from this thread.
    My claim that the transponder file I provided should work is based on the assumption that the information provided by "Cumpy Rules" - who seems to be an employee, close associate, or representative of DD - is correct.
    As far as I can see (I did check, but I'm human so I sometimes make mistakes ;) ), the modifications I made are the same as those made by BPOH_Voodoo... and he reported that they worked for him.

So in short: I'm unsure why you still have a problem.

It seems reasonable to assume that there must be one or more differences between your setup and BPOH_Voodoo's setup which explain the difference in results. Possible differences that I can think of include:
    1. Use of Unicable. BPOH_Voodoo stated he was not using Unicable -->here<--.
    2. TVE "preferred network provider" setting. BPOH_Voodoo's non-working log file shows him using the generic network provider like you. That's the recommended option... but it's possible that he changed to the older DVBS network provider based on my recommendation. Unfortunately he didn't provide log files showing the tuner working correctly.
    3. The DD Control Center modulation setting. Unfortunately BPOH_Voodoo doesn't seem to have mentioned what value he was using for that setting. Personally I don't even know what values are available. Can you list the values? Screenshots of all the available settings in DD Control Center would be really nice.
    4. Difference in driver version. Again, BPOH_Voodoo didn't mention which driver version he was using. However I would have hoped that a driver that can work with DD-TV and DVBViewer could also work with TVE.
    A final possibility to consider: maybe either or both DD-TV and DVBViewer are preventing TVE from controlling the tuners properly. Remember that DD-TV, DVBViewer and any other tuner software that you use must be completely closed and stopped, and then TVE must also be restarted, in order for TVE to be sure to get control of the tuners.

If none of the information and suggestions that I've provided here are helpful, I can only recommend that you contact DD support and ask for assistance.

P.S. Earlier you mentioned the LNB source difference between the DD-TV and TVE log files. I don't know this for sure, but I'm reasonably confident that the LNB source relates to DiSEqC settings. Your screenshot and log files show that you have set TVE's DiSEqC setting to "none". Again, I'm confident - almost certain - that is the correct choice for a Unicable setup. When that setting is set to "none", TVE does not do anything in relation to DiSEqC. In other words, the LNB source value that you see in the TVE log should be the default value. If the tuner cannot work with the default value... well, personally I would consider that to be a driver bug.

P.P.S. Please don't forget to provide the DD Control Center screenshots and modulation setting values. I'm really interested to get that information.

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1. TVE "preferred network provider" setting. BPOH_Voodoo's non-working log file shows him using the generic network provider like you. That's the recommended option... but it's possible that he changed to the older DVBS network provider based on my recommendation. Unfortunately he didn't provide log files showing the tuner working correctly.
    I'll try this and get back.
    3. Difference in driver version. Again, BPOH_Voodoo didn't mention which driver version he was using. However I would have hoped that a driver that can work with DD-TV and DVBViewer could also work with TVE.

I'm running 2.6.3.132 dated Aug 30 so here's indeed a difference. I'm not sure were to find older drivers though.
    A final possibility to consider: maybe either or both DD-TV and DVBViewer are preventing TVE from controlling the tuners properly. Remember that DD-TV, DVBViewer and any other tuner software that you use must be completely closed and stopped, and then TVE must also be restarted, in order for TVE to be sure to get control of the tuners.

Yes, I always stop the TVService before starting DD-TV or DVBViewer and don't start it again until the other application is closed. I do however keep SetupTV open.

P.S. Earlier you mentioned the LNB source difference between the DD-TV and TVE log files. I don't know this for sure, but I'm reasonably confident that the LNB source relates to DiSEqC settings. Your screenshot and log files show that you have set TVE's DiSEqC setting to "none". Again, I'm confident - almost certain - that is the correct choice for a Unicable setup. When that setting is set to "none", TVE does not do anything in relation to DiSEqC. In other words, the LNB source value that you see in the TVE log should be the default value. If the tuner cannot work with the default value... well, personally I would consider that to be a driver bug.

I think I've already tried this but to be sure I'll do it again.

P.P.S. Please don't forget to provide the DD Control Center screenshots and modulation setting values. I'm really interested to get that information.

Please find attached screenshots of DD Control Panel (dd_cc_*.png). I didn't grab any for tuner 2-8 since they look exactly like tuner 1.

I'm at work now but I'll do the tests from above later. Also, you can of course get access through e.g. TeamViewer whenever you like.

//W

Attachments

• dd_cc_devices.png
      dd_cc_devices.png
      220.9 KB
    • dd_cc_home.png
      dd_cc_home.png
      203.8 KB
    • dd_cc_tasks_files.png
      dd_cc_tasks_files.png
      216.5 KB
    • dd_cc_tasks_preset.png
      dd_cc_tasks_preset.png
      205.1 KB
    • dd_cc_tuner1.png
      dd_cc_tuner1.png
      199.8 KB

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Playing with DiSEqC-setting seems to affect the 'Range' log entry rather than the LNBSource.
    Changing provider from generic to dvbs did indeed change LNBSource to FFFF but still no channels were found.

//W

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Fascinating... I can now do a full scan successfully finding 800+ channels. Unfortunately I'm not really sure what I did... ;) It /might/ have been that I set _all eight tuners_ (instead of just one) to the dvbs provider rather than generic but... I also set all tuners to pause graph and preload. After disabling CRC check I can also grab EPG.

But! I'm still not able to scan single transponders or search for a transponder list...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks again for the updates and the screenshots. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get a full scan to work. :)
    I'll need a bit of time to digest all of this info. In the meantime, please can you also provide the log files from the successful scan. Maybe there's some clues in there about what solved the problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for the slow response - it's been a really long day.

Playing with DiSEqC-setting seems to affect the 'Range' log entry rather than the LNBSource.
    Yes, this is expected. MP uses a legacy interface for DiSEqC support with DD tuners. This fact is not relevant for you because you use Unicable, and therefore the DD software and driver are handling all the DiSEqC stuff.

Changing provider from generic to dvbs did indeed change LNBSource to FFFF but still no channels were found.
    This shows that the different network providers are have different default values. Again, this is not relevant for you because you use Unicable.

It /might/ have been that I set _all eight tuners_ (instead of just one) to the dvbs provider rather than generic...
    Settings for one tuner do not affect behaviour of other tuners, so I can guarantee this change would not have been the key.

I also set all tuners to pause graph...
    This could be it.
    Could you please try to switch back to the generic network provider and confirm that tuning/scanning still works.
    After that, please try to switch back to stop graph and confirm that tuning/scanning stops working.

...and preload.
    Again, I can guarantee that this wouldn't have been the key.

But! I'm still not able to scan single transponders...
    This should work now as long as you're specifying the transponder parameters correctly. If you can give an example, I should be able to point out any mistakes.

But! I'm still not able to ...search for a transponder list...
    This is expected. The modulation values in the transponder list generated by that function are incompatible with the MAX S8.

LorD

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is my actual Transponder List for Max S8. Its complete and manual corrected. Enjoy

Attachments

• 19.2°E Astra 1KR,1L,1M,2C (18.01.2017).xml
      31 KB

dfeiler

December 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for my question,
    but I don't know how to import it,
    I think, i cant 't overwrite the original because It didn't work with a also installed STB-Card

LorD

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    just rename the file and overwrite it.. than start scan, it works with all dvb-s cards i mean

Users who are viewing this thread