Default refresh rate not applied when switching directly to different media? (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm also having roughly the same issues as TheBatfink.

When I'm watching tv (through rtsp) I want to have my monitor at 50Hz, but (as I don't use tv very often) I don't want to switch to 50Hz after watching any other video/onlinevideo, which are mostly 24Hz.

Setting the default to 50Hz isn't an option for me (due to the switch to 50Hz after each video), so can you confirm this patch also solves my problem?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The attached core.dll only forces the default rate at the end of each media (this is the purpose of the default setting, when its working correctly of course). Starting new media will trigger the dynamic change except when they are in a play list it would seem.

What I have found is to use the new core.dll, set a 50hz default and dont use the moving pics intro feature. This works in a fashion for now (but it does always force 50hz at the end of everything - but this is supposed to happen).

So if you dont want it going back to 50hz all the time you need to watch TV via UNC and not RTSP and disable the default setting for refresh rate (and stick with the default core.dll). Using the UNC path to watch TV will allow it to detect the framerate of the TV stream which it can't do via RTSP and only change the framerate when it needs to - this sounds like what you want.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, perhaps an extra option in the config could be made (or I can do it myself if it's approved) that only sets the default freq. at tv start?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I only came across the default option because I recently started using RTSP for the first time. I can't really think of any other use for the default framerate, if it really is only for TV then that would be a much lighter solution to the switching :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is an EXP branch about detecting FPS for rtsp (started by @disaster123) and can be use also for OnlineVideo too, i just update the branch :
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-FPS-Detection-Without-Mediainfo_Update

Original thread here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ger-or-fps-detection-without-mediainfo.97885/
    and that need update my reply start from here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...on-without-mediainfo.97885/page-3#post-936412 and need good dev to implement such from gibman comment.

it's little offtopic it's not related to default refresh rate but can answer to @doskabouter :)

@TheBatfink, thanks for your test, i will try to reproduce it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have something to test :)
    Defaut DRR = 50 on my test.
    Moving Picture works now (with default setting enable or disable) with intro playback.
    Video to TV (when no press stop) should work TV. (24 to default (50))
    MyVideo CD1 to CD2 (after CD1 it goes to default DRR and when CD2 start it DRR) (24 to 50 to 24)

:)

Attachments

• DRR_Refresh_End_Video_Core_v3.zip
      1.1 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For users that has 2 screens, actual MP code didn't handle that very well, i have a workaround internally on a fork build. (on my side without internal fix, DRR didn't refresh the correct screen and EVR work on the one setup in configuration.exe so it's a bug, it should be fixed properly on @Scythe42 build)
    That i want to say is, the test should be made on 1 screen :) (but it was the case also before) :p

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I will test again tonight, nice work :) how does that affect the delay when going from CD1 to CD2, that is something I had not considered to test and I would presume be a common scenario. What I have noticed yesterday is that the first file ends, we get the blank screen where the rate is changed, but then I see a frame of the first file again before the second file starts playing, which is a little jarring. I don't remember if that frame from the first file after the rate change was always there or not before (maybe not if no rate changes were occurring).

Edit: actually that may of been when channel zapping and not rate related.. ignore that.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From my testing not so much :) cool be nice, how it does for you (on my dev pc is quite fast, the blink (black screen is near 1 second) :p

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I had always assumed that the TV/HDTV settings in DRR are there so it *always* switches to that rate when TV is started (it shoudn't matter if it's using local file, UNC, RTSP or wet-string protocol) - is this not the case ?

Broadcast TV frame rates are normally geographic - you live in a 50Hz or 60 Hz TV country, so it's a reasonable way for DRR to work for TV.

That said, TsReader.ax could easily provide the FPS info to the MP player (it has the info internally), but in a general sense splitter filters have to provide this as part of the PMT on the video output pin, so that should be a generic way of getting the info without using MediaInfo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom