Difference between Mediaportal 1 and 2 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange, here both are fine:
    upload_2016-7-11_21-36-9.png

upload_2016-7-11_21-36-36.png

Please add your logfiles (use the MP2 Log Collector tool)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    here both are fine
    I can confirm this. Both are playing fine here too.

But... (there always is a but)
    Both files are some kind of "problematic"...

WMV in general is a very problematic container and "Windows Media Video 9" is a not too good supported codec, as both are "original" Microsoft formats and they are not "open". Issues with WMV are mostly but not solely due to the DRM mechanisms... Maybe using another DS filter (LAVF or MS or vice versa) for DirectShow playback can probably solve the issue... And don't say "VLC can play it", as VLC is no DirectShow player at all, but MP (1 and 2) is a DS player...

The Image EXIF information is damaged or deleted. Neither XNView nor Photoshop can read the Exif. Nevertheless the orientation is correct here in Photoshop, XNView and MP2...

thoath

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just installed on the test PC also MP1.15. And this software is properly plays all videos and all portrait-mode- images immediately. This raises the question for me to change to MP2 not.
    This does not mean that I find MP2 bad. No, I'm a normal user. I look for a software according to the following 3 points.
    1) The software I have to enjoy
    2.) The software needs handle at once easily with my own files (in this case media files) , without me having to do more pull-ups.
    3.) The configuration and operation must be intuitively, without having to seek tricks and tips on the internet.

How is that now with MP2?
    Point 1.) MP2 pleases me well, even better than MP2
    Point 2.) The software can not deal immediately without errors with my files. This is the no-go criterion, unfortunately.
    Point 3.) The handling of the configuration is not intuitively immediately, there are too few adjustment to my needs met. For example, is to start a slide show in MP1 much easier than in MP2.

My decision is, therefore as long as possible to stay with MP1. This software better suits to me.
    thoath

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had a similar issue like this that plagued me on one of my MP installs for about 4 or 5 months. Mediaportal would crash after about 20 minutes into a playlist. I finally had a thought that my screensaver was set to the same time and disabling it cured my problem. I'm pretty sure that in the past, the screensaver wouldn't engage...
    I had a similar issue like this that plagued me on one of my MP installs for about 4 or 5 months. Mediaportal would crash after...
    Hi, I use Mediaportal 1 a lot and have created a lot of Fanart jpegs for my music soundtracks but just in the last 2 weeks I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom