Digital Devices Cine CT: Some channels is reported as scrambled (1 Viewer)

fontaine

Portal Member
October 17, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Try disabling teletext subtitles.
Disabling teletext subtitles fixed it:)
Is this a known bug?
I have now lost the subtitles. I now have DVB subs eneabled and teletext subtitles disabled. I always belived subtitles normally came by DVB?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is this a known bug?
    No.

I have now lost the subtitles. I now have DVB subs eneabled and teletext subtitles disabled. I always belived subtitles normally came by DVB?
    No - subs can be in whatever format the provider chooses to use.

To me it looks like the provider of this particular channel may be sending private data in the teletext. Possibly MP is meant to ignore it - I'm not sure. The other possibility is that the provider is sending non-compliant data. This would not be the first time that has happened. ;)

Could you please provide a stream dump so I can analyse further:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/4_Development/Debugging/TS_Dumps

Just timeshift that channel for around 30 seconds, upload the raw packet dump to the FTP according to the instructions in the wiki, then let me know when it is done.

fontaine

Portal Member
    October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Timeshift file is uploaded:
    [Norway]_[Canal_Digital_KTV]_[458MHz]_[C]_[Investigation_Discovery]_[Scrambled]

Tranquility

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm,

I might have a problem related to the Digital Devices CI problem you wrote the patch for. I am on MP 1.3.0 running a Cine CT as well.

For a few channels I just get a black screen and no audio.

What I have tested:

in TV Server Config
    1. manual control --> start timeshift --> scrambled shows "no"
    2. removed smartcard from CAM --> start timeshift --> scrambled yes - so I assume MP tries to use the CAM
    3. inserted SC again
    4. run preview - preview windows opens but just grey and no sound
    5. closed tv server config
    in MediaPortal
    1. selected same channel in MP client --> black screen / no audio
    2. interestingly log file looks identical for a channel that is working and a non working one (attached log file timestamp 15-10-2012 21:26:12.380 is the working one, 15-10-2012 21:27:21.568 is the non working one)

If I take the CAM out of the Digital Devices CI modul and directly put it in the TV all channels are working. (So I guess the CAM/SC are not the problem. Also checked channel values for frequency etc between TV and MP.)

Any ideas on this?

Thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @fontaine: that TS dump is a bit bigger than I expected. I'm only on a 10 GB cap here. ;)
    Our month is almost over - it finishes on the 20th. I will download it on Thursday if the cap will allow it.

@Tranquility:
    I might have a problem related to the Digital Devices CI problem you wrote the patch for. I am on MP 1.3.0 running a Cine CT as well.
    Keep in mind the patch is for MP 1.2.3. It is not compatible with MP 1.3 alpha.

For a few channels I just get a black screen and no audio.
    Okay.
    Could you please list the channels.
    Also, can you confirm that some scrambled channels are successfully descrambled?

What I have tested:
    removed smartcard from CAM --> start timeshift --> scrambled yes - so I assume MP tries to use the CAM
    If MP is using the CAM then you don't need this patch.

run preview - preview windows opens but just grey and no sound
    Preview is not the most reliable way to test.
    It will only work if the codecs on your computer are organised really well.
    Better to test with MP where you can control which codecs are used.

selected same channel in MP client --> black screen / no audio
    Okay.

interestingly log file looks identical for a channel that is working and a non working one (attached log file timestamp 15-10-2012 21:26:12.380 is the working one, 15-10-2012 21:27:21.568 is the non working one)
    Please provide full logs from MP and TV Server.
    The way to do this is with the watchdog tool:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Please follow the instructions for reproducible problems.
    When you are asked to reproduce the problem, please switch channels 3 times on channels that work, then pick a channel that is causing problems. After that, close MP and provide the zip file.

If I take the CAM out of the Digital Devices CI modul and directly put it in the TV all channels are working. (So I guess the CAM/SC are not the problem. Also checked channel values for frequency etc between TV and MP.)

Any ideas on this?
    It could be several things including codecs, hardware compatibility (between CAM and DD CI), DD driver issue, TsWriter issue, TsReader issue... quite a few things. Please provide the full log files as requested, otherwise there is no way that I can narrow down the problem.

mm

Tranquility

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm,

thanks for taking the time. Attached the requested logs. First channel was Discovery HD which is encrypted by Sky itself - all Sky channels work so ignore this. Second, fourth and sixth was Kabel 1 HD which is enrypted by my cable provider. (Cable provider added his channels to the Sky Smartcard) Kabel 1 HD is working. Third, fifth and seventh was Pro 7 HD - not working. :cry:

Do not care about the HD stuff - Kabel 1 (no HD) ist not working, RTL 2 (no HD) is working. So it does not seem to be related to HD.

tranquility

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Tranquility :)

To me it looks like an issue that we can't deal with.
    What I see is this:
    • TV Server is recognising that the CI and CAM are present
    • TV Server is instructing the CAM to decrypt the channels without any problem
    • the CAM is reporting that it has received or processed the instruction successfully
    • for Pro 7 HD, the stream remains scrambled
    In other words, it appears like the CAM is not doing what we ask it to do... but I can't see why.

It would be helpful to know if you are able to decrypt these channels in any other software.
    If it works then we know it is a problem in TV Server - we would need to contact DD technical support to ask them for guidance.
    If it doesn't work then we know it is probably a problem with the DD hardware or driver, or a compatibility issue with your CAM - DD technical support would need to help you.

Best regards,
    mm

fontaine

Portal Member
    October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    that TS dump is a bit bigger than I expected. I'm only on a 10 GB cap here. ;)
    Our month is almost over - it finishes on the 20th. I will download it on Thursday if the cap will allow it.

Sorry about that. I timeshifted for about 50sek until the stuttering became apparent.
    I can upload a 20sek sample if you think that is sufficent for testing.

Edit:
    Uploaded a timeshiftfile, 144Mb
    [Norway]_[Canal_Digital_KTV]_[458MHz]_[C]_[Investigation_Discovery]_[Scrambled]_SHORT

Fontaine

Last edited:

Tranquility

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm,

can you recommend a software to test with? I only have MP as TV software.

Regards
    Tranquility

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom