direct mpeg recording (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi

Would it be possible to add a option to record direct to mpg format. The frontend is excellent and keeps getting better, being able to record direct to mpg would make it perfect IMHO.

Cheers :lol:

Dan

A

Anonymous

dchenders said:
Hi

Would it be possible to add a option to record direct to mpg format. The frontend is excellent and keeps getting better, being able to record direct to mpg would make it perfect IMHO.

Cheers :lol:

Dan

i'm not sure if this is the right answer, but i think you're supposed to be able to provide your own compressors, such as mpeg, mpeg2, etc

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    a lot has been said about this topic
    so please do a search next time
    anyway here's the answer
    MP uses the streambuffer engine for timeshifting & recording
    this engine records to the dvr-ms format which is a normal MPEG2 file
    with some an extended header
    There are programs which can convert an dvr-ms file to .mpg
    I think you can find those on xpmce.com
    and yes we hope to add transcoding in the future so you can
    convert your movie to mpg or xvid or.... after recording

Frodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Understood.
    Understood.
    In the UK an American show, NCIS, has several series being broadcast on the same day. As a consequence, when I choose to record the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Stopped capturing live tv DE
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is OK. Thanks so much for reminding me where to find the sort function. I failed to notice the tabs at the top and as I said, I had tried to find the method in the wiki. Everything is back to normal, so...
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom