Disable the nfo_bak file creation (1 Viewer)

catalpa

Portal Pro
May 9, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i am looking for an option to disable the nfo backup files while nfo Export.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi,

i am looking for an option to disable the nfo backup files while nfo Export.

What exactly do you mean? "Update NFO File" operation in AMCU "Update Movies"?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    How would you think it should be changed? Generally creating no bup file at all? Or only for the nfo in case user has chosen film name to not overwrite an original file?

catalpa

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    only the nfo_backup files, i use a wildcard-kill like this:
    "find -type f -name '*mfbak.nfo' -delete"
    over all drives. It works, but "feels" not so good ;-)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    That is not really an answer to the question - creating the bup avoids loosing e.g. an original nfo file - if no backup is created at all, those would be overwritten without saving their content.
    The change is simple (just removing the code line that creates the bup file) - so if noone has any objection, I can do that...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Or we open the existing file first and check, if it is a MF created one and create a bup file only, if it is not....

catalpa

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sounds good, that may useful for other user, but i only import&export with MF.
    Import for DB rebuild and picture import, export to update nfos and XBMC support.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Fine for me, I think that's a good improvement and should be ok for everybody - please add it to the issue tracker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom