Discussion: Find and Download Subtitles (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't know if this helps...
    The MP1 TVE 3 plugin gets the teletext pages from the server:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ugin/TvPlugin/teletext/TvTeletextBase.cs#L651

I know that is how teletext pages are retrieved for viewing, but I'm not sure if that is how teletext subtitles are implemented. If it is, please be aware that teletext support has been removed from the server side in TVE 3.5. Parsing needs to be handled in the client side plugin.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Parsing needs to be handled in the client side plugin.
    This is indeed a task for client side. But does TsReader provide the required stream information already? If not, who can add an interface for this? When it can be ready? Is it "only" moving some parsing code from TsWriter into TsReader?

For MP2 I don't want to add a feature for TVE 3 while it's done differently in TVE 3.5 already. I prefer to do it only once on client side.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But does TsReader provide the required stream information already?
    I think TsReader already provides access to the teletext service info and raw packets through this interface:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ShowFilters/TsReader/source/ITeletextSource.h

...and the more I see, the more I think Teletext subtitle support is implemented in the client side player for MP1:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/master/mediaportal/Core/Player/Teletext
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/master/mediaportal/Core/Player/TeletextSubtitles

If you want to also implement teletext page viewing then you will have modify that code and/or transfer the old TVE 3 server-side page assembly code into the Native TV plugin:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../TVLibrary/TVLibrary/Teletext/Implementations

This has nothing to do with TsWriter.

elorentz

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2006
    In this log extract you see the difference to my one: there are no subtitle streams enumerated by TsReader, so the GUI doesn't offer you a selection.
    Code:
    [2015-05-07 21:44:31,971] [28888  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - TsVideoPlayer: Initializing for stream '\\MEDIASERVER08\Filmer\Filmer\21\21.ts'
    [2015-05-07 21:44:31,990] [28907  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - Stream TsReader|0: MajorType 73647561-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71; Name UNK; PWDGroup: 1; LCID: 0
    [2015-05-07 21:44:31,994] [28911  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - Stream TsReader|1: MajorType 73647561-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71; Name UNK; PWDGroup: 1; LCID: 0
    [2015-05-07 21:44:31,997] [28914  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - StreamInfoHandler: Enable stream 'UNK (MPEG1 2ch)'
    [2015-05-07 21:44:31,999] [28916  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - StreamInfoHandler: Enable stream 'UNK (MPEG1 2ch)'
    [2015-05-07 21:44:32,007] [28924  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - TsVideoPlayer: OnVideoFormatChanged: StreamType: 1 720x576 [16/9 @ 15000000 interlaced: 1]
    [2015-05-07 21:44:32,027] [28944  ] [Thread9  ] [DEBUG] - TsVideoPlayer: Run graph

Can you please open the file with the MediaInfo gui and post the output as text here?

Attached is the text output from mediainfo, I can also provide a short recording (Like 5 minutes or what you might need) with subtitles if you need it for some testing.

Attachments

• minfo.txt
      5.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

elorentz

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2006
    I can also provide a short recording (Like 5 minutes or what you might need) with subtitles if you need it for some testing.
    Yes, this would be very helpful!

You can upload a sample to our team ftp, see wiki for file naming conventions and login details: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...elopment/Debugging/TS_Dumps?highlight=ts+dump. Or use any other hoster :)

File available at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1JwiXf72MQVDFZMVpOc0JuQTA/view?usp=sharing

Two minutes of video, verified with VLC to have working subtitles.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Owlsroost can you check why text subtitles are not exposed by ISubtitleStream interface?

I even have following comment inside MP2 code:
    //FIXME: TSReader only offers Audio in IAMStreamSelect, it would be cleaner to expose subs as well.

So generally spoken, is it possible to rework TsReader in a more generic way to handle all kind of streams, no matter if audio or subtitle?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    can you check why text subtitles are not exposed by ISubtitleStream interface?
    Hmmm, from the context it makes sense.

Even if it's easy to implement GetSubtitleStreamType(), GetSubtitleStreamCount(), GetCurrentSubtitleStream(), GetSubtitleStreamLanguage(), and SetSubtitleResetCallback() for teletext subtitles [by parsing PMT DVB teletext descriptor]... what use is it... because it doesn't seem meaningful to implement SetSubtitleStream() unless we also implement a filter for rendering the teletext subtitles... and is that possible???

To be clear...
    In MP1, DVB subtitle decoding and rendering is handled in the graph (DVB sub filter). SetSubtitleStream() simply selects the PID which is passed to the DVB subs filter. However, teletext subtitle [and page] decoding and overlay is handled in the player. SetSubtitleStream() could select which teletext PID to pass back to the player (most or all channels have 0 or 1 teletext stream, so I don't understand the point)...??? ...but where will the teletext be decoded for rendering?

//FIXME: TSReader only offers Audio in IAMStreamSelect, it would be cleaner to expose subs as well.
    Surely that comment references DVB subtitles (ie. why not use IAMStreamSelect instead of ISubtitleStream), because TsReader is [currently] not responsible for selection of teletext subtitles.

So generally spoken, is it possible to rework TsReader in a more generic way to handle all kind of streams, no matter if audio or subtitle?
    I think it would help to define what you mean by "handle". If you want to use IAMStreamSelect or ISubtitleStream with teletext, somewhere the teletext still has to be decoded.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want generic handling of DVB and teletext subtitles (or streams in general) then a completely different design [compared to MP1] is required for the player. It wouldn't just affect TsReader. I'm interested in this topic because I was assuming I would need to reimplement teletext page decoding in the TVE 3.5 plugin for MP1, but if the player design changes then I will need to know what to do. Also, I'm wondering if and how you will implement teletext page viewing in MP2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom