MP2 - V2.4.1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
It was not a matter of style. The logos I use are the official reworked ones. I'm always using the latest official logos.

Thanks. I appreciate what your saying, and I am aware the logos are changing from the end of Oct on certain things, and not before April next year on DVDs/Bluray etc.

I just mean for me personally I find the new logos quite ugly and unstylish. And I wonder, would there perhaps be a way of including both the old and new logo style and let the end user choose which to use?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks. I appreciate what your saying, and I am aware the logos are changing from the end of Oct on certain things, and not before April next year on DVDs/Bluray etc.

I just mean for me personally I find the new logos quite ugly and unstylish. And I wonder, would there perhaps be a way of including both the old and new logo style and let the end user choose which to use?

In MP2 no options to select logo styles will be added. But you can just exchange the images in the image folder of Nereus skin after installing MP2.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now that this skin is out with 2.3, is there a way to remove shortcuts from the main menu? There are several I don't use and it would be nice to remove them. If not, is there a way to change the order they're listed?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm thinking to slightly change the Program Tile layout in homescreen of Nereus.
    But I'm not 100% sure, so let's do a vote here. Press "Agree" or comment, if I should change, or comment why not.

Currently the progress circle is shown, which is quite beuatiful I think. The idea was, that the favourite channel next to the program always fits, because the current program is only shown for favourite channels. However, as on the screenshot, it's sometimes not the case, so a program is visible and one doesn't know which channel belongs to it (bottom right).
    Folie1.JPG

My new target design looks like below. As in other screens the progress is shown in the bottom with a linear indicator and the channel logo is shown in upper right side. It looks not as good as current implementation, so I'm unsure.
    Folie2.JPG

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm thinking to slightly change the Program Tile layout in homescreen of Nereus.
    But I'm not 100% sure, so let's do a vote here. Press "Agree" or comment, if I should change, or comment why not.

Currently the progress circle is shown, which is quite beuatiful I think. The idea was, that the favourite channel next to the program always fits, because the current program is only shown for favourite channels. However, as on the screenshot, it's sometimes not the case, so a program is visible and one doesn't know which channel belongs to it (bottom right).
    View attachment 209712

My new target design looks like below. As in other screens the progress is shown in the bottom with a linear indicator and the channel logo is shown in upper right side. It looks not as good as current implementation, so I'm unsure.
    View attachment 209713
    How about the current variant and you just place the channel logo in the top middle-right? Perhaps it’s worth a mock-up, because currently it’s also hard to decide for me.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How about the current variant and you just place the channel logo in the top middle-right? Perhaps it’s worth a mock-up, because currently it’s also hard to decide for me.
    I tried, it looks too overloaded. I implemented for now like below. On focus the linear indicator is moved up by 5 pixel to be not overlapped by the focus frame. Additional good thing is, that there is more space for the program text now and wrapping is less (readability).
    Bild1.jpg

Last edited:

marabicudi

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    How about merging "Favorites" and "Current programs" (as "Favorites" already contains the logo)?

Users who are viewing this thread