Dissable basic home (1 Viewer)

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I would like to have a feature in the configuration > General; That enables the user to dissable the basic home screen, as I rarely use it.

I know its trivial but it would be another nice touch!!

DQ

Portal Member
December 2, 2005
Home Country
Hi, if you go to mediaportal config, in the general section there is an option to use basic home... just deselect it!

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
And yet if you hit the "Home" button on your MCE remote (the green one with the microsoft flag), it switches between basic home and standard home...

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
This is what i was wanting to stop happening as its frustrating when you press the green button too many times or because media portal is being slow and you end up on the basic home screen.

I was just wondering is there is any way to completly disable it??

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Yeah I tried that long before i posted, all its does is start MP in the basic home and not disable it!!

I would like to disable it completly so it doesn't show up at all. The only time i have ever used basic home is with spinsafe, which is nice by the way, but i use the tv server now and it not supported, and if it was i would probably want to dissable the regular home screen!

Is this a feature that can be added to the config??

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
you could save the standard home.xml over the basichome.xml so that it loads the same thing.

This is a great idea i can't believe i didn't think of it myself!!:mad: :D

Users who are viewing this thread