1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[DIY] Amblight project/guide - Hyperion - WS2801/ WS2812B / APA102 | Page 35

Discussion in '[DIY] User Showcases' started by Rick164, November 23, 2014.

1. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,575 / 2
    @Gradlock, hopefully the new one will allow you to enjoy the ambient lights again.

Modern electronics appear to be made with a short expiration date on purpose sometimes, at least that is how it feels sometimes either indirect by making you desire to update to the new model, or direct via failure. I guess they figured out they don't make more money if you can keep using their products forever :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gradlock

Gradlock Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    It's all about quantity over quality. :mad:.

4. Gradlock

Gradlock Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, success! I got my new PSU and the lights are behaving normally. Still not very confortable due to the fact that the voltage is supposed to be 5V and the multimeter shows it going up to nearly 8v. At least now I know that an over-voltaged PSU can cause the lights to flicker and strobe. It may have been my fault since I got the wiring wrong the first time I was connecting it but it still output around 5.5v. The jump to nearly 15 happened last week or it may have been deteriorating over time. Got about a year out of it.

5. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,575 / 2
    Not sure if you measured the output with LEDs connected, or disconnected, because a PSU without any load connected tends to show a much higher output.

Also try measuring the voltage at the very end of the strip, because with all the resistance of 5 meter of LED strip it might barely be 5V, so then the higher voltage is a good thing at the start of the strip and there is usually enough room in the specifications to allow for that. A full detailed spec-sheet would tell you that, or you can just enjoy the results :)

6. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

Kotik MP Donator

Ratings:
    +452 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Hi :)

Attached Files:

• Downloads.rar
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Uploaded:
      May 19, 2017
      Views:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!