[DIY] Selfmade AmbiLight using LED Strings (3 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Question about 'Edge weighting'. When i set to to 40 or higher, i don't get output on the top/bottom LEDs when a video with black bars (top/bottom) is displayed.
    As soon as i set it to 39, it works. The difference between 39 & 40 setting seems to act like an ON/OFF switch.
    Anybody else noticed that?

Curious what settings you're using for videos with black bars.

Seems i need at least 2 profiles for accurate responses then. And i'm hoping EventGhostPlus will be able to help with automated switching between the profiles.

B

BassFan

i have used 'Edge weighting' after playing with Atmolight to
    your Top LED's div 2 also set it to the half of your top LED's

so your Color are Center of the Screen.

i hope that is right ;)

greets

B

BassFan

Du kannst damit den Offset der Farben verändern.
    Sagen wir mal deine 1. LED hat die Farbe blau und das Pixel ist genau an der linken Position des Bildschirms
    Dann kannst du mit 'Edge weighting' dieses soweit verschieben das es Zentriert also mit der 20. LED angezeigt wird.

was kompliziert zu beschreiben ;)

Wenn du jedoch die 40 Nimmst und du hast weniger dann kann auch nichts angezeigt werden
    da du dich dann außerhalb des LED Arrays befindest Array = 0 to 39 = 40 LED's

gruss

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Question about 'Edge weighting'. When i set to to 40 or higher, i don't get output on the top/bottom LEDs when a video with black bars (top/bottom) is displayed.
    As soon as i set it to 39, it works. The difference between 39 & 40 setting seems to act like an ON/OFF switch.
    Anybody else noticed that?

Curious what settings you're using for videos with black bars.

Seems i need at least 2 profiles for accurate responses then. And i'm hoping EventGhostPlus will be able to help with automated switching between the profiles.

If you click on "Gradienten..." (is there an english atmowin version yet?) you can also change the edge weighting, however you can see what it does there. It shows you how much auf the image is used to calculate the color of the led. If the value is very high, just the colors on the edge will influence the led color. If the value is very low, most of the picture is used.
    After reading your post again... you knew that already, right? :p

Values differ from version to version. Im using Angies mod, which you can find here in the forum and am using a value of 50. I get colors on top and bottom if i watch a movie with black bars, but i like it that way.

Btw. your stuff allready arrived? That was quick :). Hope to see pictures and videos soon =)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wenn du jedoch die 40 Nimmst und du hast weniger dann kann auch nichts angezeigt werden
    da du dich dann außerhalb des LED Arrays befindest Array = 0 to 39 = 40 LED's
    But my Dummy control has 73 LEDs top/bottom & 42 Left/Right. :D (see config settings below)

Im using Angies mod, which you can find here in the forum and am using a value of 50. I get colors on top and bottom if i watch a movie with black bars, but i like it that way.
    I'm also using angies mod and I think i'm looking for a similar response :) I want the colors to show even with black bars, but with the above configuration, i'm unable to get those with Edge Weighting above 40. That just looks weird, because 100 = max value, and the picture is a lot bigger then the black bars. Think i'll just have to wait till the LEDs are attached an play with the setting.

Btw. your stuff allready arrived? That was quick . Hope to see pictures and videos soon =)
    Unfortunately not. LEDs are ordered last thursday, but should arrive around wednesday. The rest of the stuff is ordered @ Conrad (all in stock) so i expect that around the same time.
    Only thing i got is the PSU. Just playing with the software so i don't have to 'waste' time on figuring out how it's supposed to work :)

Here are some screenshots with settings.
    First 2 are with black bars and i've set EW to 40 & 39. 39 = OFF, where 40 works.
    EW39.PNG ES40.PNG
    This screenshot shows the (beautiful!!) colors with EW set to 95 and fullscreen video:
    EW95_FSVideo.PNG

And for sure i'll make a nice video once it's done!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ohhhh i know why its not working for you but for me :p.

When using AtmoWin with mediaportal, you use the mediaportal plugin, which sends the picture directly to AtmoWin. The plugin will however only send the picture of the video, nothing else, no gui, and... no black bars ;p. So when you watch a 21:9 movie in mediaportal, all AtmoWin sees is a 21:9 picture. But when you play around with a dummy and use live view, AtmoWin sees a 16:9 image with black bars ;).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When using AtmoWin with mediaportal, you use the mediaportal plugin, which sends the picture directly to AtmoWin. The plugin will however only send the picture of the video, nothing else, no gui, and... no black bars ;p. So when you watch a 21:9 movie in mediaportal, all AtmoWin sees is a 21:9 picture. But when you play around with a dummy and use live view, AtmoWin sees a 16:9 image with black bars ;).
    Aaah, must have been something 'simple' ;)
    So that means that i can't use the Dummy control to pre-configure my 'Live' setup. :(

Just noticed that when i click the 'gradient' button with the Edge Weighting set to 95, the highest value is 30.
    a value settings of 1 - 10 would be enough according to the 'preview' window.
    EW 4 = 50% from border
    EW 8 = 25% from border

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah dont trust that window :p.
    And that "30 is max" in gradient is a bug (or lets say not modded), just set it in the normal screen where the other options are. When your stuff arrives and you have everything installed, you will have to play around with most of the options anyway to get the results that you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom