Do anyone have (1 Viewer)

AnnaJohnson21

Banned Users
July 13, 2018
Home Country
European Union European Union
Hello.

I realy love my configuration at home with tv-server and tv client. But I also have an old XBOX with XBMC installed.
Could it teoreticaly be possible to use an old XBOX as the tv-client?

Do anyone work on it?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Could it teoreticaly be possible to use an old XBOX as the tv-client?
    Theoretical.
    You can install the "TVServerKodi" plugin to your TV Server (or the MP2 plugin "SlimTVService3" if you are using MP2). It is important that the Plugin version matches the used MP version exactly. Then you can use TV from MP in Kodi.
    So far so good. And now why it is theoretical... As the old Xbox only has XBMC instead of Kodi installed, it is possible that the MediaPortalPVR Addon is no longer compatible to the old XBMC version you need to use on the old XBox. For the new Xbox One there is Kodi 18 Alpha2 App available in the store., With this you definitely can use MP as TV backend.
    I'm no expert for Xbox, PlayStation and so on so I don't know if the new Kodi App (that definitely can be used today as a TV client with MP) can be run on the old XBox (if I have to bet, I would bet against)...

Normally it should be possible to install an old MP1 version with a matching TVServerXBMC plugin so you can watch TV on your XBox.

But I would prefer to have more recent versions of MP and Kodi. So a cheap (< 40€) Android TV Box running Kodi 17 or 18 and the recent MP version as TV source would be the better way, imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    "google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local network all services work, but when I try to connect from outside, the TV does not work on the laptop, it is ok on the smartphone thanks to the "MPextended" plug. I have a public IP at home and I...
    "google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
    "google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I guess we'll just have to wait for it to happen again. Tony
    Yes. I guess we'll just have to wait for it to happen again. Tony
    I'm trying to install MediaPortal 1.27 on a machine as a single seat installation but keep getting the following error dialog...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi @joecrow, Thank you, I did uninstall MYSQL, LAV and deleted the respective folders in ProgramData, then re-installed MP1.27 and hurrah I've set up the TV side of things and live TV and recordings are working. Thank you and @joEhSuper for your help, I really do appreciate it, now I just need to set up all the plugins again :-)
    Hi @joecrow, Thank you, I did uninstall MYSQL, LAV and deleted the respective folders in ProgramData, then re-installed MP1.27...
    After a short break away from Mediaportal, I installed MP1.27 and have the TV Server on a different computer to the client. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom