Do anyone have (1 Viewer)

AnnaJohnson21

Banned Users
July 13, 2018
Home Country
European Union European Union
Hello.

I realy love my configuration at home with tv-server and tv client. But I also have an old XBOX with XBMC installed.
Could it teoreticaly be possible to use an old XBOX as the tv-client?

Do anyone work on it?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could it teoreticaly be possible to use an old XBOX as the tv-client?
    Theoretical.
    You can install the "TVServerKodi" plugin to your TV Server (or the MP2 plugin "SlimTVService3" if you are using MP2). It is important that the Plugin version matches the used MP version exactly. Then you can use TV from MP in Kodi.
    So far so good. And now why it is theoretical... As the old Xbox only has XBMC instead of Kodi installed, it is possible that the MediaPortalPVR Addon is no longer compatible to the old XBMC version you need to use on the old XBox. For the new Xbox One there is Kodi 18 Alpha2 App available in the store., With this you definitely can use MP as TV backend.
    I'm no expert for Xbox, PlayStation and so on so I don't know if the new Kodi App (that definitely can be used today as a TV client with MP) can be run on the old XBox (if I have to bet, I would bet against)...

Normally it should be possible to install an old MP1 version with a matching TVServerXBMC plugin so you can watch TV on your XBox.

But I would prefer to have more recent versions of MP and Kodi. So a cheap (< 40€) Android TV Box running Kodi 17 or 18 and the recent MP version as TV source would be the better way, imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Thats it. Thanks.
    Thats it. Thanks.
    I have installed win10. After the mp1.32 installation didn't work without problems, I reinstalled 1.31 and restored my old settings...
    Replies
    Views
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11. Saved me a lot of time having to debug the code. Thanks for the tip!
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11...
    Hello, I spent a couple of days trying to resolve this issue and cannot figure it out. I have set up MediaPortal Server on an old...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom