Do I use MCE driver or regular XP driver? (1 Viewer)

Kulle

Portal Member
February 9, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am running Media Portal on a regular WindowsXP Pro machine.

Should I use MCE drivers for my Graphics card, motherboard, PVR150MCE, and so on? Or shoudl I ONLY use regular XP drivers?

Sincerely
Jan-Erik

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    No point using the MCE drivers for your video card as they usually a fair bit behind the normal XP ones (MCE nvidia drivers are just that, XP drivers + MCE extensions).

Any hauppauge products you can use the MCE drivers (as MCE is just XP Home + the MCE app).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already installed, version name 20230713. BDA compatibility mode is set to MediaPortal. Advanced --- BDA driver set to InjectCVCT plus automatically select from tuners recommended.
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already...
    I have set up MP1 .34 on Win 11 Pro. I have a HDHomerun Expand DVB-C tuner, which I have used for about 10 years. Until about 2021...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom