Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Who cares?
    Why do you expect to run it on beta software?

I don't have Windows 7 here to test, so there are no plans atm.

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2007
    Who cares?
    Why do you expect to run it on beta software?

I don't have Windows 7 here to test, so there are no plans atm.

Who cares? Well obviously I do and perhaps any other people running win7 or whom will be running win 7

I don't expect anything, it doesn't work, i reported it, asked for suggestions that's all.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Don't get me wrong, i didn't want to get harsh in my reply.

I'm just wondering, why the first test of a newly downloaded software must be done on a beta version of an OP Sys?
    it works perfect on XP and Vista and those are the systems i could test with.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    The reason for the Product not working in Windows 7 is the ribbon component, which i use.

i've just identified an open source alternative.
    THere are a few things missing, which i would like to fix before i can move to it.

And this will work in Windows 7.

JonoMg

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Hwahrmann.

Any update on this feature request as yet ? A cooleague of mine raves about this plugn so I tried it tongiht myself yut unfortunately, due to the fact that I am on Win7, it's a no go for me.

Thanks for your efforts to date

Cheers,

Jono

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    Unfortunately the new component, which i'm trying for te ribbon has some bugs, which makes it impossible as of now to integrate.

spoonyluv

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2008
    I just used it with no problems under for Windows 7 for tag editing.

I'm using Ultimate 64 bit and ran the program under Vista SP1 compatibility mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    OK managed to mass edit for anyone wanting to know just export tv channels and use a text editor (i use Notepad++ ) and just replace for example &amp with &HttpUserAgent=vlc and choose replace all obviously use whatever agent works vlc in my case then either delete current channels in tv server and re import (and setup epg mapping...
    OK managed to mass edit for anyone wanting to know just export tv channels and use a text editor (i use Notepad++ ) and just...
    Hi, Hoping someone can help me with the following issue. I have been running IPTV channels without issue for a while now (Win7 &...
    Replies
    Views
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't cause any mis-functionality, it is just annoying. It's on the bugfix agenda for next MP2.4 release. That's correct, there are two options: Using the navigation buttons or the mouse wheel. It's also...
    This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't...
    I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32, WMC skin and have 5 satellite TV cards installed. The only error I get when I start Media...
    Replies
    Views
    A few months ago my broadband package was compulsorily updated to a no-limit and much-more-expensive package, so I could now consider streaming video from the internet. (My previous broadband package had a 16GB per month limit, which made regular streaming from the internet a non-starter.) However... There seem to be a constant...
    A few months ago my broadband package was compulsorily updated to a no-limit and much-more-expensive package, so I could now...
    I have the most recent version of MP2, running on a PC with up-to-date Windows 10. Until recently I have been able to receive and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Cannot play Stream8 DE
    I have one more piece of information about the problem. Apparently it's the client. I just installed Kodi and connected it to the MP server. That's working.
    I have one more piece of information about the problem. Apparently it's the client. I just installed Kodi and connected it to the...
    I try my thread in English My single seat has been running smoothly for a long time. Now I wanted to connect another client, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom